Chicken Fried Rice

Options
dreamchaser12
dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
I'm looking for a chicken fried rice recipe. One that calls for wholegrain rice. If anyone has one they would like to share, that would be great! :)

Replies

• ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    *Bump*
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Nothing?
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jenbousman
    Options
    BUMP
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have one...I'll post it shortly.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com just just posted on yesterday!
  • antonia1961
    Options
    oh I'll wait for it. thought you posted alreafy! Thanks again.
    :smile:
  • lmalaschak
    Options
    Brown Rice Stir Fry

1 medium zucchini, sliced
    1 cup shredded cabbage
    1/2 sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
    1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
    1/2 tablespoon canola oil
    1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or a small clove of fresh garlic; if using fresh, add to skillet with vegetables at the beginning)
    1 cup cooked brown rice (I don't use instant -- it's no good!)

optional ingredients (use one or all of these): 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced; 2 tablespoons slivered almonds; 1 egg, beaten

Saute zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms, onion, and carrot in oil 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. (I've reduced the oil in the recipe to reduce calories so if the skillet gets too dry add a teaspoon of water during cooking.) Add tomato, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, and rice. Stir-fry 2 more minutes or until heated through.

If you use chicken, stir-fry it first, remove from the skillet, and then make the rest of the recipe. Add the chicken back in at the end. If using almonds, you can add them at any point. If you are using an egg, stir-fry your vegetables and push them to the side in the skillet and pour the beaten egg in the empty place. Cook and stir it a bit and then blend the rest of the vegetables back in. This is a very flexible recipe and you can basically put in whatever ingredients you think would be delicious in a stir-fry!
  • lmalaschak
    Options
    This started out as a vegetables-only stir-fry but my husband wanted protein in it; hence the additions of meat/egg/etc.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • dreamchaser12
    Options

Just checked out this website. Looks soooo good!! Lots of great recipes I'm going to try! Thank you!
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Just checked out this website. Looks soooo good!! Lots of great recipes I'm going to try! Thank you!

no problem happy healthy eat,lol!
  • tamerica07
    tamerica07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just made this for supper tonight! My version of chicken fried rice is I take 2 skinless boneless chicken breast and cut in small slivers or pieces, Then I used 2 tbsp of canola oil or peanut oil in frying pan get it hot and add the chicken add salt, pepper and onion powder to taste fry it but dont brown it. While the chicken is frying i put in the microwave the Birdseye brown and wild rice with veggies (peas, carrots, and corn) oce the chicken is done I add the steamed rice and 1 cup of chicken both let simmer until broth has cooked down, while that is cooking down I chop up some white onion or Vidal onion, Once the mixture has cooked down enough to keep everything to one side i scramble 2 eggs on one side, when they are cooked mix everything together and onion and more salt and pepper to taste i also add 2 packets of soy sauce from restaurant. (I don't like soy sauce in the bottles i doesn't taste the same.) And wow-la You have chicken fried rice Serves 2 Not sure the calorie count though
  • tamerica07
    tamerica07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm Bumping this! lol
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bump