Protein Shakes that don't taste like utter c**p?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have to steer clear of milk AND gluten, so it's extremely difficult for me to find a decent protein powder; however, I finally discovered NutraSumma Pea Protein (the chocolate kind) and it is SOOOOO yummy! It's very creamy, very smooth, and dissolves easily (soy smells bad, rice is gritty/grainy, hemp doesn't have that much protein, and egg white proteins are loaded with sodium).
  • lad9669
    Options
    Aktins wild berry is great, I may add ice and the blender as well. But it taste like a culver berry shake.
  • mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I bought Publix powder whey chocolate and mixed it with milk, it was decilious, the vanilla is not bad either!
  • losingthisweight
    Options
    I'm on the Body by Vi shakes and they are really yummy. I'd try a sample first though to make sure they tantalize your taste buds!
  • carpp107
    Options
    EAS 100% Whey, Vanilla.....Tastes great with water.....Mix in a little vanilla yogurt and a scoop of peanut butter and it is divine......not to mention 23 grams of Protein per serving.....
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much hooked on Herbalife products. They worked for me and come in many different flavors.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Xtreme Formulations strawberry.

Controlled Labs Gold Feast Lemon Drop.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Body fortress. Its good, its not expensive, you can buy it at walmart.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition gold standard, chocolate coconut and vanilla ice cream. Always mix with fat free milk. Water sucks.

My husband and I use Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex - Vanilla. We mix it with water and we both like it. I usually only use one scoop instead of two like he does and I still like it.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like Athlete's Honey Milk Lite -- you can get them on their website or thru amazon. They are really good.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Gnc amp wheybolic. It's pricey but the cookies and cream is delicious and disappears in water or almond milk. No clumps or grit, hardly even thickens the liquid. If you get on sale, it's a good deal.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My daughter gets hers here. You can get them made with what you want.
    http://www.youbars.com/makeashake
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Vanilla
    1 Banana
    1 tsp of Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Vanilla Soy milk
    1 Cup Ice
    Blend - then drink the party in your mouth ;)

Yes Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Strawberry
    1 Banana
    5 Strawberries
    1 Cup Fat Free Skim Milk
    ans 1/4 cup raw oats! Delicious!!!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Never tried any of the powdered ones - figure they're gonna taste nasty. I use the Muscle Milk liquid - lite vanilla or light chocolate. Put it in the blender w/ a cup or so of crushed ice, make it into a milkshake kind of drink. REALLY good.
  • dotmertsky
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the input. I've been having the same issues. Tried a lot and if they didn't taste good they were super expensive. OR, I get bored with the same flavors - - it's time to do some more testing. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • bobs210
    bobs210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yeah whats the best one to use to make deffinition

18155602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I want to check some out.
  • senoj242
    senoj242 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    definitely ISO 100 gourmet vanilla, no carbs no fat, just protein and it tastes amazing!
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There is this chocolate one in this purpleish container that I got at vons. It's pretty yum, but I strain it before drinking it.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Casein Supreme Chocolote!