Does the "Zig Zag 7 Day Calorie Cycle" really work?

Options
13»

Replies

• yorkies2
    Options
    IDK if I could eat that many calories. It's telling me a whole bunch

There is no way I could.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went to the site and got a higher calorie goal as well. Took a picture of it and saved it to my phone for reference. Someone in a previous topic of mine mentioned my calorie goal isn't high enough. I did change my program on here still going with the MFP method, just made it so I lose 1 pound at a time. If I don't notice a difference I'll try the zig zag program. Thanks for the info!

Another thing I may try is eating the calories MFP adds back when I exercise only every other day. that kind of looks like the zig zag diet anyway.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    considering this... should it only be done as a jump start and to break a plateau, or can it be done safely for longer?
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    interesting...
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian- but I tried that and it did not even out at the end of the week. I gained from it... My body has to do small changes here and there. I can't go from 1200 cals to 2000 cals without a gain.. Just not the way my body works.. I wish though!

and to use this properly without confusion..

I would set the exercise to sedentary (as another poster mentioned) and then let that be your net after exercise or goal without exercise. It is easier that way....
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • E1rlindsay
    E1rlindsay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you go to the site http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm the values they give you are not net calories. You put in how much you exercise and the zig zag you are given are the number of calories you are supposed to eat. I am doing Insanity and I put in that I exercise 5/week intense and am going by what numbers it gave me. Some days, I burn 400 calories and only eat 1360 TOTAL calories. This makes my "net" less than 1000. Some days, though, I am eating nearly 1800 calories. I just want to be sure that if people are using this site, they don't put in an exercise level and then also eat back exercise calories. This might make you much less successful.

Sorry, i'm attempting to start zig-zagging to help break a month long plateau...so i DON'T eat back the exercise calories?? I tried the calculator on freedieting.com and it didn't seem to make a difference how much or how intense my exercise, my calorie recommendation always seemed the same. If i shoot for 1512, as recommended today, and burn 600 calories i should or should not eat them back? That would leave me under 1000 calories net!
  • E1rlindsay
    E1rlindsay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    okay, nevermind, i was looking at the "extreme fat loss"...i see under the "fat loss" section it varies anywhere from 1512-2300! so i'm guessing that's calories in TOTAL, not net, after subtracting exercise....is that right??
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been stuck at the same weight for 5 weeks now. I have tried everything upping/lowering calories. upping and lowering exercise nothing is working. I am starting the zig zag monday. Thank you so much for this I really hope that it works.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm. This is so great, and makes it so simple! I tend to seriously overthink stuff reading post after post. I used this freedieting site, did the body fat calculator and it broke it down to calories per day that I could agree with and not work against. I am starting this TODAY. Why wait??? I need to shock my body, and I have been depriving my body of calories which makes total sense why I am not loosing an ounce for multiple weeks. I will post next month with an update to this post.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump