Zumba

Options
Has anybody tried Zumba? I have it for XBox 360 and LOVE it! I'm currently on the intermediate level working out for 45 minutes. Just FYI...I know the only way to measure how many calories you burn is a heart rate monitor, but I've found a great website you can go to that will estimate how many calories you burn just for Zumba! Let me know if you're interested in knowing what it is! It's amazing how many calories you burn in such a short time and you don't even know that you're burning them!

Replies

• npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Zumba = Love for me

Literally the only exercise I actually look forward to doing!
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i would love the website with the calculations.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Me too! If it wouldn't make my legs major jelly when I wasdone I'd probably do it every day, maybe even twice a day!
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Zumba for me is something out of this world lol I know that's probz an exaggeration but it really is the only excersise that makes me smile while burning so many calories. I highly recommend anyone to go to a class.

I'm going to a 3 hour Zumbathon next month =D

I'd love to know the site you use =)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am not big on classes but i must admit zumba is fun. I take it at the gym never did a dvd or game though. As a matter of fact i am going to a zumba class after work before my class.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

PLEASE do not assume these numbers are accurate -- they are VERY over estimated for me compated to my HRM with a chest strap -- get one. Especially if you eat your exercise calorie back (which you should attempt)
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've got Zumba 2 for the Wii, and I'm really enjoying it. I've had it for a month, but I've been doing it about 5 times a week for the last 2 weeks. I alternate between the 45 and 60 minute workouts, just starting in medium intensity this week. I found the instructors so good that other than the first day I tried it, I haven't bothered to with the 'learn the steps' feature - you can pretty much mirror what the instructors are doing and figure it out fairly quickly. I actually hear the music in my head during the day now and can't wait to get home and dance!
    If you're someone who likes dance-type workouts you will love this!
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    I would definitely recommend a class. If you like it as a video game, you will be surprised what a class will do for you. I literally count down the hours and minutes to my next class. To me, the video games feel too much like exercising. I need it to feel like a dance party which is what a class feels like!

To the above poster... zumbacalories.com underestimates my burn. It says I burn around 810 per hour. My class is extremely high intensity. Even my instructor, who is in amazing shape and has incredible muscle tone at 5'8", burns around 1300 for our 60 minute class via her HRM. So it really depends. I have seen classes on youtube though that look like very low intensity.
  • kountrymom45
    Options
    My sister and I just started Zumba and we love it.....:happy:plus my doctor says it is great exercise and encourged me to continue
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Zumba for me is something out of this world lol I know that's probz an exaggeration but it really is the only excersise that makes me smile while burning so many calories. I highly recommend anyone to go to a class.

I'm going to a 3 hour Zumbathon next month =D

I'd love to know the site you use =)

I did it for two hours yesterday..I'd LOVE to do the three hour thing! I LOVEEEE zumba!! DEFINITELY try a class...even if you're afraid youll look stupid, don't everyone has to start at the beginning!! You can use the zumbacalories website to estimat your calories, but seriously, I would HIGHLY reccomend investing in a heart rate monitor! It has seriously been a vital piece of equipment for me throughout all my exercises. I absolutely love mine. You can find all sorts of them in a wide variety of prices, I would definitely recommend one with a chest strap...mine is also waterproof since I use it to swim as well.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I have it for the Wii, but I don't love it on the Wii. I don't mind the latin music, but I can relate better to current music. I do it twice a week for about 65 in with some latin music some current music and LOVE it - the time passes so fast and even though I am a hot sweaty mess, it's the best workout I have ever had.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    428854_205065746256584_100002594797893_375868_754732865_n.jpg

But it's sooo worth it! XD
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I bought it for my WII and took it back I hated it didn't feel like I was doing anything. I felt as though I could do all the wrong moves and still move on so I didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything. I hear the classes are a lot better
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i go to class and love it
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I just started going to Zumba classes at my gym but I'm hoping to add it to my rotation twice a week. It's so much fun! Plus, even though I'm crazy sweaty by the end, I still have tons of energy afterwards.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! I prefer a live class but I also have it for our Kinect for Xbox
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the game to go on sale, which will probably be never...
    I love bellydance dvd workouts though, it's easier having done classes though...
  • badmediakarma
    Options
    I'm another Zumba lover! It's so much fun, especially if you have a great instructor. Thank you for the website.. very interesting! The calories they gave me just about match MFP when I use "aerobics, high impact" which is good to know!
  • Littlered9
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! It is my everything! I look forward to every class.