Calories and Excercising--HELP please!!!

Options
When I eat all of my 1530 calories and I enter my hour of Zumba it adds almost 600 calories?! I'm so confused whether or not to eat those added calories or just leave them. I want to lose weight around 2 lbs a week. Can someone explain this to me please?!?

Replies

• gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are supposed to be eating those calories back per the MFP plan.
  • sherri2012
    sherri2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight you may not want to eat those extra calories. On the days I do big workouts, I would never be able to eat all the calories I burn.
  • ballardr1
    Options
    One pound is equivalent to approx. 3500 calories. Your goal should not exceed 1 pound a week. So being down 500 calories per day from your base rate + exercise calories - calories consumed . If you want to lose 2 pounds then 1000 per day. Which would mean quite a bit of exercise.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_pound.php
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    yes according to MFP you do want to eat back those calories, because MFP already has you on a calorie deficit. this means that if you dont exercise, and just eat the amount you are supposed to, you will lose weight. so if you excercise AND only eat the same amount of calories, you will be providing your body with very little calories to live with, which could put it into starvation mode. like others said, depending on how much you exercise, it may be difficult to eat back all the calories, but you should eat back many of them.