Ride the Rideau 100 km bike ride

Options
Hi Folks, anyone here riding the Ride the Rideau bike ride in Ottawa Ontario this September?

Replies

• JoAnn17
    JoAnn17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am!

After not having been on a bike in decades, I started spinning classes in January 2011, then needed a fitness goal, so I registered for Ride the Rideau 2011. I trained during the spring and summer and found cycling an incredible workout, it was instrumental in helping me lose 45lbs (along with MFP!).

I've already signed up for Ride the Rideau 2012, setting another fitness goal to keep the weight off!
  • Soulshine_Girl
    Soulshine_Girl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Planning to, J! Can't say I did loads of training last year - was on my outdoor bike only a handful of times but the Spinning helped - but need to build on endurance this year as I plan to do both the 200 km roundtrip Toronto -> Niagara Falls ride which apparently is full of challenging climbs, as well as the Ride the Rideau in September. After doing the 2011 Ride the Rideau, I realized how much I missed cycling - I hadn't been on a bike since 2001 when I cycled the Cabot Trail - in hindsight, a crazy feat on a bulky, heavy mountain bike!