Is this good or bad?

Options
I just started on myfitnesspal 4 days ago and I've already lost 4 lbs, I'm not starving myself, not changed my daily routine, don't excersise any more than usual and only 300 calories under my daily goal on average. Just want to know if im losing it too fast since I've set the plan to only lose 1 lbs per week.

Replies

• discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    no you are not losing to fast. you will lose alot of weight in 1st 2 weeks as your body changes its metabolism to adjust to the changes in food and exercise. you will taper off in about 3-4 weeks and see steady drops of weight between 1-2 pounds
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    having you been drinking more water and peeing a lot?
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goal. The more you have to lose, the more you will lose the first week or two. So what is your goal?

A lot of it may be water weight, also. i lost very quickly for a couple of weeks then stayed where I was for another week or so while my body caught up to the scale.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    No you are doing fine sooner or later you will have to adjust but now that you are tracking you are watching what you are eatting a lot more closely when you find you are not losing then you may have to adjust what you are doing. Good Luck to you
  • Denz3r
    Options
    Its probably water weight, its just a initial thing.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I call it the MFP honeymoon!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!! and congrats on your great start!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I call it the MFP honeymoon!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!! and congrats on your great start!

Love this!:smile:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 my first week, it's all water weight in the first week or two. Don't worry
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Depending on your starting weight, it's probably water weight or any general retained fluid like in your legs or hands. The first couple of weeks it's expected, after that and the closer you get to your goal weight it should slow down.
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple weeks. If it continues then up your calories by 200 or so, but at least give yourself some time for your body to adjust.
  • SirSpot
    SirSpot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, thought it might be something like that.
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    also if your first weight was taken later in the day it may have been artificially high...try to weigh yourself at the same time everyday (first thing in the morning is usually best) but otherwise congrats! like others said, its could also be water weight that you lose once you start eating healthier (less sodium, more water). :)