Self motivation only does so much...

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Bri! I'm a newbie!

My weight loss journey has just begun. I am seriously tired of being a big girl. I am a confident one, but after a while it's not so much about the confidence, it's about being healthy. I started Feb.3 and so far I have lost 19lbs. I did it with just dieting. I start my workout regimen tomorrow and I plan to work out 6 days a week for one hour and 15 minutes. Is that too much?

Anyways....I would love to make new friends who know what it's like to carry a lot of extra weight and are serious about taking it off for GOOD. I need a support system and some extra motivation. I can only motivate myself so much. Add me and let's do this together!

Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

. I did it with just dieting. I start my workout regimen tomorrow and I plan to work out 6 days a week for one hour and 15 minutes. Is that too much?

depends on intensity. but it is a very tough goal especially if just starting out. it is esay to get discouraged if you dont have that much time and or other reasons and start slipping. I would start with 30 minutes and work up.

realistic goals are key. I am not saying you are not up to it, but for just starting out, thats a HUGE change.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    If you work at cardio then a maximum of 6 days a week is good enough. Take the 7th to rest. If you will be doint resistance training (weights or other strength training) it is my opinion that a maximum of five days a week at weights and no more. Especially starting out. When you get really good at targeting different areas of your body to strength train on, then you may be able to do more. Some people on here are heavy into the weights but from what I hear, the best and most knowledgeable ones will tell you that 5 days per week is best for a beginner.Or even four. Remember, your muscles tone and grow when you are at rest, not when you are in the gym. Rest is crucial!
  • FunSizeFlirty30
    Options
    I agree self-motivation only does so much. It helps even more when you have positive people and encouragement around :-) I'm here for ya girl!!!!
  • Comparable2no1
    Comparable2no1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

. I did it with just dieting. I start my workout regimen tomorrow and I plan to work out 6 days a week for one hour and 15 minutes. Is that too much?

depends on intensity. but it is a very tough goal especially if just starting out. it is esay to get discouraged if you dont have that much time and or other reasons and start slipping. I would start with 30 minutes and work up.

realistic goals are key. I am not saying you are not up to it, but for just starting out, thats a HUGE change.

You're definitely right, because I've done an hour in the past and look where I am now...starting over. Thanks for the response and advice.
  • Comparable2no1
    Options
    @BigJimmyU....So do you recommend that I lose the fat first with cardio and then focus on strength...or can a combination of both be done. Just not in excess, right?
  • Comparable2no1
    Options
    I agree self-motivation only does so much. It helps even more when you have positive people and encouragement around :-) I'm here for ya girl!!!!

Thank you so much!
  • DianeG213
    Options
    Others to help motivate goes a LONG way. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • csuma74
    Options
    Hi Bri,

I'm Coco and I hear you feel free to add me we all need support in these challenges. :-)
  • Andufrene
    Options
    You can add me!