just found this what a great app!!! 385 to 270 *for now*

Options
my story, i have made a total lifestyle change since 2010. I was uncomfortable with the way i felt looked and just depressed in general. I was close to 400lbs and was going to the wrong path. I just got fed up one day and said i dont like the way i look and do not want to have health problems before my 40th birthday (was 30 at the time was told to get on BP meds ASAP). My journey started actually quite easy i dropped 30 lbs by just being more active. I figured that eating right had to also be part of my routine. To make a long story short i have dropped 80 more slowly and kept it off. I am still working toward my goal of 200lbs.
I have had a problems with over eating in the past and am really trying to conquer that at the moment. Thanks for listening, looking forward to reading more god advice, and once i research the pics tutorial i will post!

thanks for listening!

Replies

• cheesenbrats
    Options
    Awesome story. I am in a very similar place as you were back in 2010. I just started and weighed 380 pounds. I am so tired of beng the fat kid and not having the energy to do stuff. I want to look and feel good, which I know can only come with a significant lifestyle change. My first goal is to get to 300 and then eventually to 230 pounds.
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    before
    65938_708362014975_29416175_39208707_2583003_n.jpg
    after
    226098_878110802045_29416175_40719411_4916388_n.jpg
    251422_879357553545_29416175_40743038_4622491_n.jpg
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wanted to add add a little to my story and how i got to my heaviest. I have been fairly active all of my life in small town north dakota you tend to play every sport you can and training for football baseball and basketball kept my weight down, but i graduated high school at 305lbs, good for getting a scholarship as a college offensive linemen bad for your health. I went to college and got my weight up to around 320, 330lbs to play my position on the football team. I also threw shotput in college. I always gave the guys in college crap i was the heaviest guy on the team and i was a multisport athlete lol. Anyway i got done with my sports career and i really was so sick of lifting and running just about everyday i just stopped. I would guess i gained around 30 lbs my last semester of college or more not really sure, but between cafeteria food and beer i would say 30 is about right. I graduated got my 1st teaching job and again living in small town in north dakota, a variety of healthy things were not readily available. I would guess i gained around another 30-50 lbs in the span of 3 years. I actually do not know what my highest weight was. I moved to my 2nd teaching job on the other side of the state from my 1st and things didnt really change. I never really lost my athleticism but i know my overeating was out of control. Sitting and eating a whole pizza and whole quart of ice cream was pretty normal. I would guess my heaviest was around that time not when i started my weightloss journey, but again i have no idea what that was.
    We started a weightloss competition at my school that i teach and i being a competitor i thought i would win. I dropped 50 lbs. got down to around 320lbs but as soon as the competition was over i gained it all back ugh.....well if you want to see where i was at that point read my 1st post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!