Let's talk about meals we've invented, with what we had at t

Options
Let's share some healthy foods we have "invented"! :)

Today, I was wanting a healthy meal that I planned out, but I didn't have the ingredients.

All I had was iceburg salad, italian dressing, corn tortillas, potatos, and doritos.

I decided all of my hard work and planning wasn't going to be blown by the easy way out - doritos always put me in a bad place with my weight-loss!

SO, I decided to invent something with what I had!

tumblr_m00naceCfS1r7qtilo1_500.jpg

That is what I came up with!

I called it, Italian Potato Wraps!!

Here's what I used:

1 small Russet potato - 110 cal.

3 small Guererro corn tortillas - 100 cal.

1 1/2 Markside Classic Iceburg Salad - 14 cal.

2 Tbsp Fat Free Italian Salad Dressing - 15 cal.

How I made it:

Took the small potato and chopped it into this slices (tricks you into thinking there is more)

Sprayed the pan with that no stick veggie spray (0 cal) I love it because it gives it the same crisp as butter does, but with no calories!

Put the potatos in the pan, along with salt, peper and garlic powder.

Medium heat, covered it, left it alone except to flip to crisp the other side.

Next, I got a bowl and put in 1 1/2 cups of the iceburd salad. Added 2 tbsp of Fat Free Italian Salad Dressing and a dash of peper.

Got three Corn tortillas and microwaved them for 40 seconds (they were super cold, and they bend better when warmer)

When potatos were done cooking, I let them cool for a few minutes then placed them into the salad, and stired.

Placed the salad potato mix on the tortillas and attempted to fold them into a burrito, and viola! :)

-If you try them, let me know how you like them! :)

Who wants to share their delicious inventions now? :bigsmile:

Replies

• tiffanylb88
    tiffanylb88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Faux Strawberry Cheese Cake:

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2 big sliced strawberries
    A packet of splenda

I swear it tastes just like cheese cake with strawberries on it. Mmmmmmmmmm!
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I'm writing it down now, hopefully I'll get the ingredients soon! :)
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything I make is made up. half the time I have chicken or ground beef and just throw random things it with it. =P I've never followed a recipe before, I'm always changing it by the time I'm making something.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything I make is made up. half the time I have chicken or ground beef and just throw random things it with it. =P I've never followed a recipe before, I'm always changing it by the time I'm making something.

^^^ agree, recipes are guidelines at best...
  • MistyboBisty
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Wraps

(for both halves..318 calories, 18 grams of fat. You could use low fat dressing and/or hold the cheese if you want to cut back on the fat):

1 Joseph's Lavash bread
    4oz baked boneless/skinless chicken breast
    1 T Frank's Redhot Buffalo wings sauce
    1 T Blue Cheese dressing
    1/4C Reduced Fat shredded chedder cheese
    2 oz 9or more) romane lettuce

Shred or dice chicken, toss with wing sauce, microwave for 30 sec to 1 min., spread blue cheese dressing on lavash bread, sprinkle on cheese, add hot chicken and lettuce. Roll up and cut in half. *Eat both halves for an entire meal at 318 calories, or one half for a snack at 159 calories. It was very good!