Weight loss vx Cardiovascular range of Heart Rate

Options
Trying to figure out the heart rate - weight loss equation.

When walking on the treadmill their is a chart which shows a range for weight-loss and then an area above that for cardiovascular - (chart based on age)

Is that chart accurate? For maximum weight-loss for effort exerted should we be in the "weight-loss" range or the "cardiovascular range"?

I would really appreciate thoughts on this.

THanks - Dia

Replies

• csuma74
    Options
    I'm not expert but I think the purpose of the heart rate monitor is let when know when your heart is the optimum heart rate zone. I use a game EA active sports and it monitors my heart rate and after the workout is shows a graph leting me know which zone I was in.

Hope this helps...

http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/Calculate_your_training_heart_rate_zones.htm
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    there is this so called 'fat burning zone' of heart rate. everyones is different..those charts are pretty accurate.

but..honestly..its all about how many calories you burn..sure you can run for 30 mins at your fat burning target heart rate and burn 150 cals, which is fine..or you can run for 20 mins at a faster rate and burn 200 cals. or you can do hiit training for 15 mins and burn 300 cals.

if you want to know more..just google fat burning zone or something like that
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Forget about the fat burning zone. Push yourself to the limit. Google HIIT -
    Burn more calorie during the work out and it keeps on burning more calorie after the work out..
  • diagyrl
    diagyrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your answers. So just keep going!!! Got it!

Hugs, Dia