17lbs lost in 30 days!?

Options

Replies

• maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    depends on where you start and how much room you have to lose... usually if its a drastic change in your diet youll lose quick and thats okay
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you eat healthily it's not a big deal. Just don't go starving yourself or anything. Congrats on the 17 lbs though. That's great! :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Generally, the more you have to lose, the easier it comes off at first.

For me, 30ish lbs went with just a change in diet.

The next 30 or so was with added cardio.

I then had to up my exercise to get from an average weight , to pretty fit looking.

For most people, a 5-10lbs loss per month is a good losing rate.
  • p_barron
    Options
    It also might be a lot of water weight and a drastic change in diet that is causing it I would just keep doing what your doing and it will level out soon
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If you're staying close to the numbers the site calculates for you, it may just be a huge amount of water weight you were holding on to because of high sodium intake before you began controlling it. If you want to share your diary, the people who have been here a long time might be able to tell if there's anything obvious or not. I'm really new here, so I'm really uncertain - other than a drastic lifestyle change - of what could make that much of a difference.

I say enjoy it! :-D
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I think that is incredible!!! I would just keep going, as long as everything you are doing is healthy, and be proud of the loss!!! That pace will probably slow down (and you may see a gain if your body tries to level out a bit...Not that this will definitely happen)... but don't get discouraged!

Congrats!
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My first month I lost about 11 lbs, this month I lost 5.
    I'm super thrilled (for you and for me), but any loss, even a little bit, is fantastic.

Even if I lose 2 lbs a month, that is still almost 20 pounds lost at the end of the year... and that is great because just last year, I put on about 20.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lost 10# in my first week. I attribute it to a huge change in diet. As I was for the first time watching calories, I inadvertently starting eating low carb. With low carb diets comes a loss of glycogen stores in the muscle, which results in a huge amount of water weight loss. I'm not at about 25# in the first 8 weeks... which is 15# over 7 weeks.. right around my goal of 2#/week. Keep at it and you should be fine.
  • ecubeauty
    Options
    omg....congrats...but what did you do?