workout at home with 3 year old?

Options
What would be a good workout that will give me fast results that I can do at home with my 3 year old daughter?
Thanks!

Replies

• Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm working out at home as well. I'm using liveexercise.com to get in shape. The shows I'm doing are about 35 minutes long, so not too bad and I can really feel the difference. You just need the elastic bands though, so you have to invest. But I'm sure there are a lot of people out here that can help you with other exercise-routines ;)

Good luck!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred, shred it with weights & shed & shred. I also pop in the eliptical for 20 mins while she's snacking and watch some Nick jr. She loves working out with me to the videos. Sometimes I'll put mother mat next to me so she can goof around and exercise too.
  • dr3am3r
    dr3am3r Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    with my near 2 year old anything with music....zumba is awesome....she always wants to do zumba. I also did 30 day shred while she was in the room and she actually got down on the floor and was doing the cruches with me:laugh: it was quite adorable! otherwise when weather is war go for a stroll during summer thats our daily routine. and if i don't feel like it....shes right there pointing at the door being my motivation and support team!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Bench press the kid!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If the weather is clement, put her into a jogger`s child carriage and run or walk behind it. Or give her a ride in a bike cart while you do your mileage on the nearest bike path. At 3 her endurance is not great, so you will probably need to carry her home if you go out for any great length of time, and these carriers forsee that eventuality.. I`ve seen parents go out with the young one on their tricycle as they slowly jog behind the carrier that will eventually bring both child and tricyle back home again.

3 year olds can be a challenge because they demand your constant attention and won`t be satisfied watching TV while you are on the treadmill.
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My twins are just shy of 24 mos so they still nap. I'm assuming your 3-year old isn't napping anymore and that's why you can't work out while the child is sleeping. My niece at 4ish still does quiet time in her room for about an hour and that's when my sister is able to do a fitness DVD. Also, if that's not going to work, as someone else suggested a jogger or bike w a kiddie seat could be fun. When the weather's nice, I jog w my kids. I also see some people biking and towing their toddler in a bike trailer type thing. They look like fun, I'd like someone to tow me in one of those things.

Edited to add, I meant bike in a park or bike trail. I'd never suggest towing your child on a road w cars.
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to put on a movie, something without commercials, otherwise my 2 1/2 will keep asking me to fast forward every time a commercial comes on. Sometimes he too will watch Nick Jr through the commercials. I can't wait to try the bike trailer this summer and he also has a bike that I can guide I am hoping that this year will be the year that be stays on it longer than half a block. I am not counting on it though, lol.