Just getting started, a little nervous

Options
I am 34, 5ft 4in.....weighing in at about 267lbs. New to this, just giving a whirl!:bigsmile: I am a night shift nurse, so that has made losing weight, so much harder!

Replies

• iamnoangel
    Options
    You've taken the most important step.........the first one!!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    u can do it ... my brother works over night also ... he is doing great ... good luck ... more people here will help if u need ...
  • jjtyla1
    jjtyla1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yeah i am a nurse as well. I HAVE WORK MIGHTS AND ITS VERY DIFFCULT BUT YOU CAN DO IT.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everything is going to be ok! It's daunting at first, but it gets easier, I promise!

About the night shift thing though. You have 24 hours in your day, just like everybody else. You just need to plan ahead! Tricky at first, yes, but by no means any harder. If I can do it, believe me, ANYONE can do it :happy:

And above all, take it one day at a time. One HOUR at a time even.
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    One of the night nurses I used to work with would come early...eat breakfast ( oatmeal, boiled eggs something) then get to working...have her lunch around 11 and then 4
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Jump right in and don't be nervous! I've loved it, and loved the results! There are so many nice, helpful people on MFP. It's more fun to look in the mirror as the pounds melt away, and it's great to have a good excuse to go shopping! Follow the plan, and you'll do just fine.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site ... I can relate to how you feel this can be overwhelming at 1st but im told it gets easier.
  • Charnellj12
    Options
    i know how u feel..just take it one day at a time..and than once you get the hang of it..u be just fine...proud of u..for maken your first step next step make some friends..they feedback is great..and they give you full support....
  • skullkrusher22
    Options
    I work nights too. The most important thing is getting enough sleep, and I know about those long shifts nurses be working. Just get a plan of action and you will be on your way. Alot of support and info is available on this site. Welcome!!
  • christinerush
    Options
    Welcome! Dont be too nervous! Most people on this site are in the same situation and there is lots of support and you will it! Its very addictive and lots of helpful tools and advice! Add me if you like!:flowerforyou: