anyone doing boxing?

Is anyone boxing for exercise/sport on here? Feeling like I need a change from my usual workout... get my *kitten* kicked. Any advice?

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Go for it!

One of my Martial Arts classes is in a Boxing gym. The boxing guys are insane at training! Some of the best cardio work you will find in any gym or class.

In addition, if the gym is decent and reputable, you should be able to get a program and help without any actual fighting. This helps keep us pretty! :-)

The gym I go to has lots of women, men older than me (47 yrs) and younger people who just come for the workout.

Going 3 rounds sparring with a trainer will push your heart rate and burn lots of calories. In addition, heavy & speed bag work are cardio workouts while at the same time build great arm strength and muscles.
  • I go to a place called Title Boxing where I do boxing and kickboxing classes. I love it! I have never had so much fun or stuck with a work out routine. I have been going for about 6 weeks and I look for to every class. And it even gets me out of bed at 5am every morning which is amazing in its self!
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Hi Brupard, I was considering that exact club! I had trouble finding the pricing for it, but then a friend filled me in (~$70 a month sound right?). Anyway, can you give me more details? What's a typical workout like? What kind of results have you seen? Do you find beating the crap out of a punching bag is stress-relieving?

Thanks!
  • Any boxers in here want to add me feel free. I will log all my workouts and dieting stats. I went from 195 to 175 in about 4 months. I have some great tips on what helps me out and how to maintain strength while cutting.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Kickboxing instructor and I use it for my workouts too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Even though I dont know squat about boxing, I do know alot of boxers (Flint, MI is big on boxers apparently). I can tell you this, boxers are no joke. They are fit. Like not just "look at me i'm so pretty" but "I will do 10 laps around a building before you blink your eyes" fit. If I had the time, I would definitely go for one of the boxing schools here. That being said, I must use this post to brag about something cool :)

I met Claressa Shields few days ago since her coach is a friend of mine and after meeting her, I asked her coach if he can get me an autographed pic of her for my nieces to kinda inspire them to be athletes later on in life (they're like 7 or something like that age). I just thought it was the coolest thing. I'm a fanboy about a sport I dont even know anything about :)