Have I reached the end?

Options
So, I have to go shopping on Tuesday.. nothing fits anymore. I mean, during Christmas I purchased a size 8 pair of pants that I couldn't fit into. I was determined to make them fit one day. Now, even they are way to loose. I started out as a size 12. I wonder what size I am now. I'm not sure if I should just buy a few things now, in hopes that I will drop the last 10 pounds and just get over the fact that my body has been stuck in the mid 140s now for a month (I'm 5'8'').. or aggressively try to get to my goal weight. I am happy the way I look right now, but I also know there is more to lose...

What do you think MFP?

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    if nothing fits, but you still want to lose more, just buy a few necessary things...I buy a lot of my stuff at the thrift stores, that saves lots of money :)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If you like the way you look, you feel great, and are happy, then why chase numbers on the scale? At 140 and 5'8" you're perfectly healthy. From where I am sitting, not a whole lot of point in driving yourself mad to loose 10lbs for no reason other then to loose 10lbs.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    if nothing fits, but you still want to lose more, just buy a few necessary things...I buy a lot of my stuff at the thrift stores, that saves lots of money :)

That or clearance racks..I love Kohls :)
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If you like the way you look, you feel great, and are happy, then why chase numbers on the scale? At 140 and 5'8" you're perfectly healthy. From where I am sitting, not a whole lot of point in driving yourself mad to loose 10lbs for no reason other then to loose 10lbs.

Absolutely agree! Relax and enjoy, realizing that maintaining can also be a challenge. So you're never really done. Besides you'll NEED to stick around here and be an inspiration for some of us.
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you may find it helpful to read this blog

www.canyoustayfordinner.com

written by a beautiful woman who struggled with the same question you are facing...her choice at first was to lose that 10 pounds...she discovered that was not really her Happy Weight...slowly she got to be OK with her happy weight and then to embrace it...you should read it...the section called something like "my exercise history" will be most applicable to your question but i think her entire story is just so healthy and inspiring!

i hope it helps you figure out your happy weight, i suspect you ARE there!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I got stuck in a 6month plateau. Give it time....I have learned my body does what it wants when it wants to. Try changing up your workouts, play with your cal intake and just know that it can take awhile so hang in there.

I shopped at thrift shops so when the stuff no longer fits I donate it back and buy more.