MFP Birthday Down 40lbs in a year and 73 in 1.5 years...with

Options
hyde1977
hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
Today I am celebrating my 1 year birthday logging into MFP. This site has helped me so much and I hope that all that read this, it will be as great for you!

A bit about my story!

1.5 years ago I decided enough was enough! In July 2010 to Feb 2011 I was able to lose 33 pounds. I was going to the gym 5-6 times a week and I could not seem to lose anymore weight! A friend of mine told me about this sight where I learned that based on my exercise and what I was eatting....I WAS NOT EATTING ENOUGH!!!! This concept of eatting more I didn't really understand....but as I started to eat more I started to lose 2-3 pounds per week! This was eatting back 85% of my exercise calories.

I did buy an HRM so that I could make sure I had an accurate calorie burn! Best investment I ever made!

Through my hard work and dedication I have done things I have never thought I could.

I went from a size 16-18 to a size 6-8. I went from XXL/XL to a S/M in pants and S/M in tops! I never thought I would buy clothes from a "normal" store!

I didn't do any special diet or cut anything out. Its all about moderation. Each day/week I had things that I would normally have...just less of them. I drank my beer, ate my chocolate, and whenever I wanted something, I ate it!

I did spend most of the year working out to eat but it works!

In April 2011 I had my % of body fat done and it was 44%. This was disgusting to me....I did have it done again in October 2011 and I was down to 28.5%. I had hoped to get it done this weekend by my personal trainer friend was sick so I will have to wait until next week! Regardless the drop from April to October was huge! I think I am more proud of this number then the weight lose!

I have done things I never thought I would do with my increased confidence! I went zip lining in Mexico and I am so afraid of heights.....It made me feel so proud to accomplish this!!!

Remember....it is not always the number on the scale. There are so many other things to focus on!!!!!!

Well enough about me!!!! Here are some photos! Hopefully this works! Still new to the photo part!

If you are looking for additional support please feel free to add me! I will continue my journey for the last 15 pounds and changing my overall body and lifestyle!

I never considered this a "diet". The word die is in diet!!!!!

Believe in yourself and you can do anything!

beforeandafternightout.jpg

beforeandaftermexicooctober.jpg

beforeandaftermexicooctober2010and2011.jpg

At my worst!!!

Summer2009.jpg
At my best!!!!

NewYears020.jpg

Thanks for reading!!!!!

Stephanie

Replies

• LoriInIowa
    Options
    Good for you, Stephanie! Huge change in a relatively short amount of time!

Bravo!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! You look SO happy now!! Congrats!
  • ciaosophie
    Options
    You look great! I'm so pleased that you're in a better place and more confident - I hope you're proud of yourself! :)
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is absolutely fabulous. You look stunning Steph :-)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    Im new here, and I read alot of success stories trying to keep my own motivation. And I think youre a great inspiration.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thank You for all the kind comments!!!!
  • foolinme
    foolinme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary!! Congratulations my friend! You have accomplished so much and you have always taken the time to help myself and many others as we continue on our lifestyle change journey. Cheers to you!!
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulation Steph, on you amazing transformation and awesome dedication. You have given me so much help, support and inspiration. Thank you
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great and should be really proud of what you've accomplished!!! Way to go!!!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great transformation!
  • Aaish
    Aaish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! You've always been my inspiration since I joined Mfp! Thanks for supporting and am so proud of you and your incredible transformation! Bravo!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your amazing weight loss!
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work! You look amazing!
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    Girl you just go! Love it! Congrats!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations - you look fantastic! Would you mind my asking which HRM you invested in? Thanks very much!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats Stephanie!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!