30 day shred help

Hi,

Would appreciate any advice:

- how do you measure a 30DS session as exercise on MFP? As it is a combo of cardio and weights I know I must be burning something but not sure how many calories etc

- when do you move through the 30DS levels? I am only on level 1 but I am just curious

Many thanks

X

Replies

• dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    I log my 30DS work out as "circuit training, general". And I have completed 10 days at each level, taking a couple of breaks as needed. Today will be Day 30 for me and I completed it in 35 days. Good luck to you! :)
  • Log it as circuit training general. And I move on to the next level after about 10 days (but just listen to your body, it'll tell you when you're ready to move on).
  • hi there,

I have been doing 30DS for 10 days now. I will be doing my last session on level 1 tonight. And moving onto level 2 tomorrow.

I log it using the Circuit training, general and specify around 150 for calories. Not sure if that is low or not, but I thought the default of 196 was alittle high. Other people may have more advice on this.

The plan for the 30DS is to do each level for 10 days.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 425 Member
    I used a HRM (heart rate monitor) when I did 30DS. Most people I know that have done it burn an average of 250-300 calories. But everyone is different, you can log it under circuit training, general.
  • Hi,

Would appreciate any advice:

- how do you measure a 30DS session as exercise on MFP? As it is a combo of cardio and weights I know I must be burning something but not sure how many calories etc

- when do you move through the 30DS levels? I am only on level 1 but I am just curious

Many thanks

X

OMG Either you are psychic or this is just a coincidence. Either way, so funny, I was JUST going to post this question. I started the shred this morning and want to log it correctly... Thanks for being right there with me.
  • I used a HRM (heart rate monitor) when I did 30DS. Most people I know that have done it burn an average of 250-300 calories. But everyone is different, you can log it under circuit training, general.

Wow you burn that much doing the 30DS? I would never have thought it would be that high? perhaps I am underestimating to much
  • Perfect, thanks for the replies. I am guessing as I Am so big it may take me longer tools through the levels but I will just keep plugging away.

Miss Jenn - how are you finding it? I like OT and got a real buzz but think its going to hurt tomorrow!

• Miss Jenn - how are you finding it? I like OT and got a real buzz but think its going to hurt tomorrow!

Today is just day 1 for me but I love it so far. I made 5am my time to do it while my troops are all still sleeping and had a bit of a hard time not making the floors creek with the cardio parts. Even still I got my heart rate up and felt very awake afterwords. I'm debating on doing it twice a day and adding another session while everyones awake. That way i won't be so concious of making noise.