Need to increase my protein intake

Options
Hi,
I've realized I am not meeting my daily protein needs/goals.
I'm getting kind of sick of omelets & scrambled eggs.
Anyone have suggestions for higher protein foods that are NOT soy based?

thanks!

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    chicken, tuna, steak... really any meat.
    then theres greek yogurt, cottage cheese etc...
    after that theres whey.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've realized I am not meeting my daily protein needs/goals.
    I'm getting kind of sick of omelets & scrambled eggs.
    Anyone have suggestions for higher protein foods that are NOT soy based?

thanks!

When I'm looking to add some protein, peanut butter is a good tasty choice. And there's always some boneless skinless chicken breast grilled in my fridge. And for the past couple weeks, I've been on a canned tuna run. I buy the 3 ounce cans with the easy open lids. There's a couple in my car, some on my desk at work and at least 2 in my gym bag. As it doesn't spoil for a long long time, it's simple to just leave some cans around to eat whenever I get hungry.
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    I try to have snacks that offer protein on hand,.......helps me with meeting my goal and keeps me feeling full
    Almonds, string cheese and cottage cheese cups are my favorites
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Beans, lentils and quinoa are full of protein. I do a lot of beany/lentilly stews and curries. Quinoa is an awesome grain it's got a lovely nutty flavour and the benefit of all that protein too!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ocean Eclipse - Tilapia Fillets, - 2 small fillets is 44g of protein!!! They are very mild flavored fish (from a person that is not a big fish fan) so you can season them however you like yummy and simple!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Find a good protein shake! They are truly my saving grace!! I couldn't come near my protein goal of 120 without them!!
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ordered a sample size portion of protein powder to make protein fluff. I really hope it tastes as good as it is hyped. From the looks of the photos it is a whipped pudding that has tons of protein and only a few calories. You can get all different flavored protein, I hope it works and I like it because I like the sound of chocolate and peanut butter flavoured fluff
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy, I have not heard of protein fluff. Where did you find it?

Yesterday I ordered a sample size portion of protein powder to make protein fluff. I really hope it tastes as good as it is hyped. From the looks of the photos it is a whipped pudding that has tons of protein and only a few calories. You can get all different flavored protein, I hope it works and I like it because I like the sound of chocolate and peanut butter flavoured fluff
  • Gottastop
    Options
    I'll need to look for this brand, I've got some from Sam's Club or Aldi's & I don't think they had that much protein. We also bought some flounder (the kids didn't like the tilapia too much) & they didn't have a whole lot...actually their weren't very filling at all

Ocean Eclipse - Tilapia Fillets, - 2 small fillets is 44g of protein!!! They are very mild flavored fish (from a person that is not a big fish fan) so you can season them however you like yummy and simple!
  • Gottastop
    Options
    Do you have any recipes or sites for some lentil stew?
    & thanks for the reminder I forgot I had quinoa, need to go get some cooking!

Beans, lentils and quinoa are full of protein. I do a lot of beany/lentilly stews and curries. Quinoa is an awesome grain it's got a lovely nutty flavour and the benefit of all that protein too!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

i dont know if its anything like that... but if you take greek yogurt and add protein powder to it... it makes a whipped pudding like mix that is delicious.... theres choc and peanut butter protein powder to make that flavor.. personally I like to mix the cookies n creme with the chocolate in vanilla greek yogurt... it reminds me of oreos...but creamier.. like the oreo ice cream... plus it has something like 70g of protein.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I recently picked up some Balance Bar protein bars for a dollar each from my grocery store. They're 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein, with around 15g of protein per bar and around 200 calories. Taste like a candy bar. Delicious!