Fish Recipes

Options
So I am trying to add more fish to my diet and bought some flounder to cook for dinner on Tuesday night. Does anyone have any suggestions of healthy flounder recipes or any healthy side dishes that would go with it?

Replies

• VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i make tilapia with chopped jalapenos and tomatoes from a can and cook it in the oven then on the side uncle bens 90 sec spanish rice hope that helps ... you can use any fish really... or i put my fish in the rottiserie with garlic cloves and add what ever im in the mood for as a side sometimes beans ect ....or fry it in a little bit of olive oil and parmesan and onions... hope i helped you out some
  • ShellBelle6
    ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
    I'm also interested in some recipes
  • zipperhead76
    zipperhead76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Flounder, but a good hickory smoked salmon is the best!
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the oven . I season it and smother with onions and add just a little water to keep it moist. Bake on 325just let it get slightly brown otherwisee over cooking it makes it to dry.
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Double-dipped catfish
    I made this with catfish but it should work with any white fish.

Double-dipped Catfish
    Ingredients:
    2 catfish filets
    2 eggs
    2 tbl fish oil
    1 cup flour
    1 cup bread crumbs
    2 tbl lemon pepper
    2 tbl chiptole seasoning
    2 tbl paprika
    mix egg and fish oil together, set aside
    mix flour, bread crumbs and seasonings together, set aside.
    Dip fish in egg mixture, then flour mixture, repeat,

i pan fried it in about a 1/2 inch thick of olive oil, but to make it healthier you can bake it in the oven.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    With thin fillets like flounder, we like to just dredge in flour, pan fry in a little bit of oil or butter and squirt some lemon on top. I know the pan frying isn't awesome but fish is lean anyway so it tends to not be too bad.
    Or we've covered it with diced tomato and some capers and baked or broiled it...
  • Xgunslingerx
    Options
    I only have two fish recipes. Both are very simple and tasty to me.

I use tilapia, or bass, or flounder. Pretty much any fish filet.

Season fish filet with pepper and lemon herb seasoning. Saute in a small amount of olive oil on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. I either have a bit of rice or usually some green beans for a very low calorie meal.

The other way is to season your fish and place in a pan lined with foil. Rub a bit of country crock light on the top of the fish, back for about 20 minutes at 350 or until fish flakes. Serve over rice.
  • LinzyB24
    LinzyB24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sparkrecipes.com has a WONDERFUL Parmesean Tilapia recipe that would also work with Flounder. I'm really super picky about my fish, and that recipe was a HUGE hit.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ReluctantKiller
    Options
    When I cook most "white" fish, i usually just season both sides with whatever i'm in the mood for (lemon pepper, cajun seasoning, season salt, what have ya) and then toss it on a cookie sheet on the top rack setting in the oven on broil for about 4-5 mins, pull em out, turn em over and broil for another 4-5 mins (time depends on how thick the fish is).

It's quick, easy and lets you experiment with many different seasoning combos without putting too much thought into preparation.
  • 121John121
    121John121 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Salmon fillet marinated in extra hot nandos sauce, baked in the oven, served on 62.5g uncle bens boiled long grain rice...side of cucumber and tomatoes...
  • jared767
    Options
    You can steam tilapia and before serving, top it with tomato salsa.

This is how I cook my own version of tomato salsa.

Saute 2 tbsp minced garlic and 4 tbsp. minced onions. Add about 4 cups of sliced red tomatoes and 1 jalapenos cut into slices. Let it simmer. Add fish sauce or salt and pepper and about 3 tbsp of sugar to taste. I like mine to be sweet and spicy so I add more sugar and hot sauce.
  • mrsajcloutier
    Options
    I found a tilapia salsa recipe im trying tonight. I made my own salsa with tomato, green pepper, onion and lime juice. I then made a bed of fresh spinach on a piece of tin foil, layed the fillet on the spinach and poured the salsa over the fillet. I wrapped the fish in the tin foil packet and will bake it at 425 for 20 minutes. This was the lowest calorie fish recipe I found and it had awesome reviews!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I hate fish. I mean seriously I've tried to like it (since its so healthy) but have never had success.

Well, the other day at Sam's Club they were givign samples of their Parmesan crusted Tilapia. It was DELICIOUS!!! Easy peasy and my kids like it too!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like to do: http://www.marthastewart.com/266345/baking-fish-en-papillote-in-parchment

Works with any fish. You can add any veggies you want. I like tomatoes, peppers and onions with cayenne pepper. Or fennel, tomato and green beans. You can add any spices, and pretty much any ingredient you want. Easy cleanup and really healthy.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    This is really good too: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/thai-style-halibut-with-coconut-curry-broth-recipe/index.html

Adjust the cooking time, but you can easily sub any white fish.