Strength Training...??

Options
Hey,
I was wondering since I walk on treadmill for an hour - sometimes 2 hours 6Xs a week, how much time should I be putting in strength training.? like squats, lunges and crunches. what would be the best to do? Thanks.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? How much time do you have to work out?

I suggest most people start with a good mix. 3 days of lifting, 2-4 days of cardio based on how much time they have. If they have very specific goals, then that could affect the recommendation, but a good mix is always a safe starting point.
  • ashncox55
    ashncox55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this myself. It's hard trying to get the best workouts in, not knowing what you should be doing and having to do them from home. I just started back on the Biggest Loser for the Wii. There are several wii workouts that can help if you have one. It's depressing not seeing the calories burned after a good workout, esp knowing you can lose so much in that time frame on the treadmill. But it sure kicks your butt!! You can go on a fitness program or they have full body, upper body, core, lower body, yoga and you can customize your own routines or do individual workouts. I'm fixing to start back on turbo jam. I tried it at a low point and couldn't stick to it, but my friend has lost 70lbs doing that alone :)
  • 7219Amber
    Options
    oh wow 70 pounds from turbo jam. I'd like to try that. a fitness trainer said do cardio 3xs a week and for the other 3 do strength training. that's what I'm gonna do and see if it works.
  • 7219Amber
    Options
    My goal is to get to 120lbs. I work out on treadmill for 50 mins and burn 530 calories. and that's all I do. I have all the time in the world to workout since I'm a stay at home mom. I just did t know how much strength training to do.