Eating Back Calories, What Do You Go Over In?

Options
jmv42
jmv42 Posts: 19 Member
I start the day with 1260 calories, and then with exercise I get about 500 more calories a day. I know you are supposed to eat as many of your calories each day, but I often run into difficulty with this. Usually, I will have around 700 calories left to go, but I will have around 0 grams left of sugar/fat/protein. I have tried finding foods that are low in these, but often they are just a part of what is being eaten.

So, is it better to leave calories uneaten and end on goal for the groups, or to finish the calories and go over in some of the groups?

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Finish your calories and go over.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Finish your calories and go over.

I agree. I'm always slightly over in carbs and I still lose a healthy amount of weight per week.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem so I'm so glad you brought this up,I've been keeping my log for about a week and I don't think I've reached my calorie goal yet and I'm really struggling to find foods that aren't gonna make me go over in every other category.I didn't know if it was really that important to reach the calorie goal or not each day?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter if you go over any macros, but I would suggest trying to get over protein, as MFPs protein limit is rather low (15% of total calories)
  • Denz3r
    Options
    doesn't matter if you go over any macros, but I would suggest trying to get over protein, as MFPs protein limit is rather low (15% of total calories)

This. Of the macro nutrients, I do my best to keep Carbs and sodium at or under there limits just because they cause you to retain water and the scale will show that.

But eat back your exercise calories.