Eat back your exercise calories???

Options
okay someone please explain! ive heard a couple times now that your suppose to eat back what you excersise...dosnt that defeat the purpose lol yes i should have been a blonde!

Also i need friends who can support my journey to weightloss i only have like 3 friends on MFP

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    okay someone please explain! ive heard a couple times now that your suppose to eat back what you excersise...dosnt that defeat the purpose lol yes i should have been a blonde!

Also i need friends who can support my journey to weightloss i only have like 3 friends on MFP

MFP set you a calorie deficit to lose weight, even without exercise.

If you want to keep the SAME deficit then you can eat your exercise calories back.
  • chipembele
    chipembele Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As an example if you eat 2000 to maintain and eat 1500 to lose a lb a week but then one day you take in 1500 but do exercise as well (taking the net down to 1100 for example) then if you want to keep your deficit at 500 you should eat the 400 back.

2000-500 = 1500 - 400 exercise calories = 1100

Eat back the 400 to keep your daily calories at 1500.
  • Belenwright23
    Options
    Thankyou both Very much!!! I get it now lol :)
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Feel free to friend request me. I am on here daily and try to check in on what my 'friends' are up to keep them accountable. But only if you are seriously tracking and looking for moral support :)