Desperately Seeking Support!

Options
kkat631
kkat631 Posts: 20 Member
Hi Everyone! My name is Kathy and I am about to "start" my adventure...AGAIN! I once weighed in at 287 pounds and I worked hard to get down to my goal weight of 199. (I am 6'1) I made it to about 235 and then found out I was pregnant. I was thrilled by that, but now, 5 months after a c-section, I am about 275 pounds again. I am NOT looking forward to all the hard work again. So, I could really use some motivators. My biggest problem is I am tired all the time. I don't feel like getting up to cook and workout. In addition, my body wants to work out like it didn 14 months ago and it's just not easy getting into it. I am looking for some low cal/lowfat recipes. My husband is on board too, but we both clearly don't want to get going. I appreciate any help/tips. I am feeling so negative. Thanks!

Replies

• rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi there,

I'd be glad to offer support and advice. I will try to help you the best that I can. If you ever need anything just msg me privately, or add me as a friend. I have a small group of June starters and another person who is an MFP tenured member. Take care and good luck! You can do it.
  • SLIMpossible
    Options
    You are right to think of this as an adventure - think of what makes an adventure rewarding. If you take the time to enjoy the whole trip and don't rush through it you will have a good time, right? And with any journey you travel one step, one mile, one state or country at a time. Don't look back at what was - look forward to your goal, and be realistic as you work toward it. You don't jump across the ocean from one continent to another without having to stop along the way, take layovers, etc., right? But with each leg of the journey you see something new and exciting.

A lifestyle change (which is the real goal so that you can enjoy being as healthy as possible for the rest of your life), is exciting. Start with what you have at home. Any steps? Utilize them by going up and down to the beat of your favorite music. A 5 month old baby is a great resistance tool - lay down and do chest presses with the little one standing in for the barbell! Put the baby on the floor and do bent leg push ups with the baby close to your head where you can enjoy the giggles every time you get down on the baby's level. You've got a fabulous tool right here for recipes - use your search tool to find recipes that use olive oil, herbs and spices, fresh produce, lean meat, whole grains. Don't deprive yourself. Just use the tool that you have here and keep track of the calories you are consuming as you go along.

You are lucky that you have a partner at home who is on board with you. Take turns preparing the evening meal, and challenge each other to see who can prepare the most tasty and healthy dishes. Give it enough time and you'll be amazed at how much you will relish eating healthier choices. And remember - calories in, calories out. It doesn't matter if it's a fat calorie, carbohydrate calorie, or a protein calorie. A calorie is a calorie, pure and simple.

Best of luck to both of you. Your entire family will benefit with this healthy lifestyle change. You will be modeling behavior that your child will surely follow as time goes along! They always do!
  • hammersshells
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Kathy and I am about to "start" my adventure...AGAIN! I once weighed in at 287 pounds and I worked hard to get down to my goal weight of 199. (I am 6'1) I made it to about 235 and then found out I was pregnant. I was thrilled by that, but now, 5 months after a c-section, I am about 275 pounds again. I am NOT looking forward to all the hard work again. So, I could really use some motivators. My biggest problem is I am tired all the time. I don't feel like getting up to cook and workout. In addition, my body wants to work out like it didn 14 months ago and it's just not easy getting into it. I am looking for some low cal/lowfat recipes. My husband is on board too, but we both clearly don't want to get going. I appreciate any help/tips. I am feeling so negative. Thanks!

I don't think anyone ever WANTS to get up and exercise--especially in the beginning. You just have to suck it up and do it. (think of it as a Dr's appt. You don't miss those, do you? You do it for your health...or your baby's--Congrats, btw!) Start slow, don't hurt yourself so you won't want to do it again for weeks. Go take a short walk. Then really focus on that feeling of accomplishment you get afterwards. Hang on to that feeling to motivate you for the next day. You can do this!
    I would be happy to add you as a friend if you want! Good luck!
    Jen
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Just start slow, with exercise, and you only need to do it every second day in the beginning, I like the idea of thinking of it as a Dr app, once you start you will feel sooo much better, I now go for stress relief as well!

Im gald to hear you have the support of your husband. :wink:

I hate cooking so when I had little ones I would cook in bulk then as I dish up dish the remainder into containers in the same proportion for my meal. And since I add it as a meal it is easy to get out heat up and add to food diary when time is short. I still do this for lunches, I have about 20 lunches in the freezer at the moment. Anyway, I'm glad you made the commitment to be healthier and look forward to seeing you around. You can check out my food diary and add me as a freind if you like. Actually I will send you a friend request because I would love to keep track of your progress! (i'ts up to you if you want to accept it!:laugh:
  • kat9903
    kat9903 Posts: 3
    Options
    :flowerforyou: here is some advise; i am a single mother of 2 girls and have a full time job; between the driving picking up kids, dance all these different activities for the kids i realized i have to do something for myself. So I went to get my oil changed at walmart and browsed through the store i just started grabbing anything that i could grab that was in my budget. I found that the tae bo amplifier program really does work i wake up every morning at 520 am and follow the daily routine that is in the book that the program comes with for 30 bucks i got 5 dvds a booklet with meal plans and also a 1 month mapped out routine for me to follow it tells me what dvd to do, what day what day to rest it is GREAT!!! I also got one of those rubber waist bands to help with my stomach i weighed about 195 when i started now i am about 170 lbs just from following this. I don't wake up every morning to exercise i mix it up and i also have rest days you should really try this let me know how you do!! Good Luck!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kkat631
    kkat631 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I will keep you posted...was off to a great start and blew it on the 4th...but feeling motivated. Thanks again!
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted to this site!!! I hope you :heart: it as much as I do. This lifestyle change has been SO different from anything else I have ever done to lose weight!!

Good LucK!
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome:happy: