C25K distances?

Options
Just curious as to how far people are getting doing the C25K program in the first few weeks. I started on a treadmill and the first week I was going about 1.75 miles. Then I started using the track instead since my ultimate goal is to run a road race 5K. I just finished week 3 today and I'm up to 2 miles even each workout. Starting week 4 tuesday and the runs are longer, making me think that the distance should start to get longer too, right?

Anyway...is anyone else keeping track of the distance they're going?

Replies

• slucas88
    Options
    You just made me curious so I just tracked the route I did the other day for W1D2 and that was 3.5k. I'm pretty slow so I guess as I get faster and run for longer the route length will increase!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Bump - I am also interested in this answer
  • ceaton80
    Options
    I'm in week 6 and I don't remember ever getting over 2 miles. Depends on how fast you run of course. I walk at 3mph, run at 5mph. I plan on bumping both speeds soon!
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I know I'm a slow runner, but I just wanted to see what other people do...have a bar set for myself I suppose. lol.
  • mikingtx
    mikingtx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    at Week 5, Day 1 I was getting in 2.25 - 2.5 miles.

I definitely complete more outside than on a treadmill. The playlist is great motivator to maintain pace.
  • ceaton80
    Options
    Ran a bit faster than normal tonight. On week 6, day 2 and I ran at 5.3mph. Went 2.25 miles. Kicked my butt today though!!
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 today on a treadmill and went 1.9 miles. When I did the same outside last fall i was about 2.1 miles for the same time.
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    the first time i did it i never got to 3 miles. just a little over 2. but i think it's important to focus on the length of time you are running. as you progress, you will get faster and cover more ground.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I just did W3D1 today. Distance was a little under 2 miles.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Week 6, Workout 2 I did today I did 2.75 miles in 35 minutes. I walk at 3, run at 6 (which is really what you should run to pace a 5k in the 30 minutes it takes during week 9). Next workout (Week 6, Day 3) I'll do 3 miles during the workout (In 35 minutes).
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Started W1D1 today.....and I am still alive.
    I use Endomondo and Sports Tracker and between both of them it looks like I did right at 2 miles.
    The 2nd 60 second run coincided with a hill. I almost gave up. I think I will plan my route a little better next time.