Bathing suits for tall girls with boobs?

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I live in Tucson, so we're already enjoying 75 degree days and it's getting to be that time...

Bathing suit shopping time.

**shudder**

I have a particular problem with this because I'm tall (5'10") and have big boobs (32DDD) so I can't find good one pieces that fit properly (they are made for shorter people) or don't squash my boobs into pancakes.

I would probably be better off just looking for a two-piece, but even though I'm pretty fit at this point, I have an ugly tummy (loose skin, stretch marks) so I'd be more comfortable in a one piece.

Any ideas of where to look?

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Try looking into mail order companies like LL Bean or something similar to that. They usually over like a short/average/long on pretty much everything they sell.
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    J CREW for D'cups with underwire for talls

worth every penny
  • kristenpreston1
    Options
    tankini :) my belly is stretched.....from kids
  • star87cc
    Options
    How about a tankini? (i think thats what they're called) fits better than one piece and covers a lot more than a bikini :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I just got all sunburnt at the pool this weekend :/
  • jkfatso
    Options
    I am tall myself 5' 9 ' and have a long torso and a large bust 38D. I have had the best luck with victoria secret.com They offer a tankini that is underwire that you can order in your bust size and also choose the longer lenth torso. That is the suit of choose when I go to the public pool. Good Luck!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Lands End has long torso 1-pieces. I enjoy Victoria's Secret tankinis since most come in longer length (I'm 5'11, 34DD) but I think the highest cup size it comes in is a DD :grumble:
  • Alarista
    Alarista Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would go tankini, and some places let you buy them by cup size (can't remember who at this moment, but google should help you).
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    I dont know what your style is, but the bathing suits from the 60's are making a come back, so the waist band goes way up covering your belly, i personally think they are so cute!
  • sybanshee
    Options
    tankini :) my belly is stretched.....from kids
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    +1 on the lands end - i love their suits and they have one that will fit anyone!! a little pricey but living in Tuscon i'm assuming you'll get more money's worth out of it than in Buffalo :-)
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I need a bathing suit with boobs for tall girls! *sigh* but good luck ......
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome!

http://www.thebigbrabar.com/index.php/

It's a UK company but they have fantastic suits for girls with the bigger sizes on top (I'm a 38F)

If you place an order, tell Nikki the owner that Jenn Wong sent you :)
  • stacyengle
    Options
    Try finding one for short girls with no boobs! lol
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The Birthday Suit is always a great option and always free of charge :happy: :wink:
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Lands end has great tall sizes. Also look for one with underwire- works better for bigger 'girls' without smashing!
  • lisanorcross
    Options
    Lands End! Not only do they have talls but they have large bust suits. I'm 5 '9 36DD and bought their swim dress one piece last year. The quality is fantasic, the top feels like a quality bra so tons of support. Loved it so much I bought another. Good luck!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I had luck last year with Fashion Bug. Not sure if you have one in your area, but they were reasonable in pricing.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'9" and have a large bust as well. I got a suit from Lane Bryant. It's expensive, but it has a built in bra top and covers my tummy. I'd try looking into something like that. :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'9" and have a large bust as well. I got a suit from Lane Bryant. It's expensive, but it has a built in bra top and covers my tummy. I'd try looking into something like that. :)
    I'm too small for Lane Bryant at this point. I wear a Size 6 (sometimes 8) in pants and a Small or even XS in shirts...