Lighthearted Thread - Runaway Food

Options
So, I've just finished my evening meal, and it occurred to me to ask...is there an easier way to eat peas?

I wonder if I've been missing something obvious for years. It's not that I don't appreciate the extra calories burned picking the little green bundles of fun off the floor after my meal, but when I carefully measure my portions I'd rather not find that carefully measured portion jumping away from me. :tongue:

Short of using a large spoon to eat peas (though this IS sounding like a good idea, as long as I'm not in public), what do people do with runaway food?

Replies

• sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hahaha, I have this problem too. I have an extremely difficult time getting food from my plate to my fork to my mouth without dropping bits on my shirt, floor, or table. It's a little embarrassing, actually. I have no tips for you since I'm in the same boat!! :blushing:
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I smash peas with the backsife of my fork! :-) Either that or use mash potatoes as like a glue. lol
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always encounter a similar situation with coucous. My carefully measured portion ends up everywhere besides my fork/mouth.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Mash them with your fork. Or sacrifice them to the gods of the potato volcano. I like to make them scream 'help me save me!' as I smoosh them. I'm really a tall 6 year old :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Haha, great responses guys!

I am a very clumsy eater. I get tired of chasing my food around after I've tried to eat it, but of course peas are the trickiest! It's all fine when I've got gravy, but when I'm eating something plain? Ohh dear.