Weekend NSV?

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Went out for dinner with a friend last night and had a great meal while ALSO staying within my calorie goal. She is also on MFP and we were both commenting about how great it is that by being mindful of what we eat and having a plan for the day we can still enjoy meals out together.

And almost more impressive to me I brought home left overs and did not imediately eat them as I might have done before but actually saved them to eat today.

I'm guilty of doing that too
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Someone that i meet on occassion asked did i lose weight, that she noticed it in my face! yeah!!!

I saw a John Pinnette do a stand up act once after he lost 240 lbs. He joked about the I can see it in your face comments. "It was 240 pounds. How big was my head."
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't have one cuz I've been a very bad girl :sad: lol but it helps to read everyone elses...keep them coming :drinker:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I wore a really gorgeous dress out on Saturday and felt comfortable, wasn't constantly pulling my dress down or anythin, and had a couple of guys come over and chat to me, which my fiance didn't like lol, that was my NSV
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't on the weekend but it makes my Monday a little bit better (dealing with head congestion so it's not 100% better :frown:)

Anyway, I'm wearing a belt that I haven't been able to wear for more than 5 years . . . wahoo!!
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I thought my face looked thinner on Saturday, and that night a friend texted me to tell me she could tell in my face that I have lost weight. It was so nice to know that it's not in my head!
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY fit into my pre pregnancy clothes after nearly 3 years!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! These results are the kind I can't wait to see/hear!
  • meycay
    meycay Posts: 29
    Options
    I was just casually walking out to the car to get something when my partner, who was already outside, saw me walking her way. She said, "Wow, Case... you're really looking good." It's been about 5 weeks into MFP for me and that was the FIRST time anyone made a comment. I was thrilled and immediately thought in my head, 'I just got my first NSV!' LOL
  • lola374
    lola374 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I finally decided to start my C25K program (couch to 5k). I hope to finish the program and run a 5k by Memorial Weekend.

The first day was:

5 minute walking warm-up
    1 minute run; 1.5 minute walk...do this 6 times
    5 minute walking cool down
    Total 25 minutes

It wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty, but I DID IT!!!

And I'm looking forward to getting out there and running again!

The longest journey begins with a small step taken by a brave person.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I saw some family on Friday evening that I haven't seen since New Year's - which was consequently, right before I committed to running and joined MFP. They were amazed at how I look and kept asking me questions on how/what I'm doing. It made me feel so good. Also - I think I'm inspiring my husband to join me!
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Saturday we went to the park, walked around the downtown area of a small town near where I live, went to the top of a local "hill" that has a castle on the top that we climbed all around on, grocery shopped for over an hour, cleaned out all of the cabinets and refrigerator and freezer. Then Sunday I worked at a poker tournament for nine and a half hours. This may sound like a lot of people's regular weekend but for me it would normally have been sit on the couch. For me to have that much energy and that much desire to get up and go is a HUGE NSV!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Went to a party saturday night..

the host commented twice how fantastic I look..another party-goer didnt even recognize me..it was awesome!
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Getting into my jeggings today without bulging out!
  • jbachhuber
    jbachhuber Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Went to a waterpark with my family and my sons (age 10 and 12) were impressed with my muscles...eldest said...wow, that's creepy, it looks like you are on sterroids or something...amazing what losing 20+ bounds and working out on a regular basis can do!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am short waisted, so regular rise jeans are really high, and low rise jeans sit too low in the back as I also have a butt. So... I found a pair of jeans that fit me really well, and thought how sad I would be when I lose more weight that my favorite "go-to" jeans will be too big, so I went online, and bought a pair in a size 12 (FYI... I started my journey at a 22). The jeans came in, and TOTALLY FIT!
  • vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My boss just told me it seems I've lost a lot of weight :)
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Mine was first when my husband told me that he noticed that I have been losing weight and getting fitter by looking at my face. He told me that I looked good!! My second was when I weighed myself this morning and I lost 3 lbs. since last Tuesday!! Watching my food intake and exercising regularly really does pay off!!
  • Sadiebabcock
    Sadiebabcock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sorry dumb ? but what does NSV stand for?
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants this weekend that not only were dirt cheap, but were a size 40. I've been wearing 42's since high school so I don't even remember the last time I got into a pair of 40s. (And for my work pants I've been wearing my old 44's and 46's since it's all I had... WAY too big.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!