Weekend Splurge :/

Options
Hello there, I am 16 years old and need some advice. I eat really well during the week and exercise, but when the weekend comes I go WAY off my diet and tend to gain back what I lost. Will someone please please give me advice on how to stop this? It would help me out a lot. Thanks :)

Replies

• dcjackson50
    Options
    Hi there,

I was having the same problem,......I looked at what I was doing different through the week that kept me on track and realized it was planning.

Monday through Friday I plan my meals and snacks but when the weekends were arriving I suddenly ate random things that I had not even been tempted with through the week. Write out what you plan to eat for the day and stick to it,......of course I like to give myself the freedom to have a cheat meal or something not on my usual agenda on Friday nights,......but then I plan for it with excercising the next day

Good Luck
  • loislane22
    Options
    Hello,

I was also doing well all week until Friday, I would like to see what comments other members have on this as well.
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    same boat! but, today is a new day. go for a run or work out for longer than you usually would if it will make you feel better, but i've just resolved to get back to eating good again, and looking forward to a treat when i lose weight! you can do it, i'm here if you need support :)
  • Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot too! I've been good all week and have trouble on the weekends. I've noticed that my routines on the weekends are different - wake up at a different time, and I don't plan those meals. And I don't have my snacks on hand when I'm hungry so I'm more likely to splurge. Also interested in seeing recommendations from others on this forum.

Also here if anyone wants to add as a friend :-)
  • gfrank16
    Options
    I have the same problem; I teach an extra curricular activity at a high school with a group of 16 teenage girls and I spend every Saturday taking them to their competitions where they all eat all the insanely unhealthy foods I crave all week. However, I have learned from MFP that it is good to have a planned spike day. A spike day is a cheat day. You eat what you want without worrying about the calories. Not only is this good for your diet, it also keeps me sane. All week I say no to cravings because I know if I want it that badly I can wait until Saturday to eat it. I try not to eat an excessive amount of calories on spike days, but even if I do, I know the next day I am right back on track. I have done this and still lost weight.