Frozen smoothies!?!?!?!

Options
pascale485
pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
I don't have a lot of time in the morning since I'm lazy and can't get up even if the room was on fire! I want to have smoothies for breakfast but I don't want to start the blender every morning! My neighbours would hate me!

Can I make a big batch and freeze them?

I use bananas, skimmed milk and protein....

ideas??

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I don't think you could freeze them, and still have be smoothie like...more than likely you'll have two options, a frozen smoothie Popsicle, or juice (by the time it thaws enough to drink). :(
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time in the morning since I'm lazy and can't get up even if the room was on fire! I want to have smoothies for breakfast but I don't want to start the blender every morning! My neighbours would hate me!

Can I make a big batch and freeze them?

I use bananas, skimmed milk and protein....

ideas??

I take my blender into another room in the house if I don't want to wake anyone. It sounds silly but I absolutely have to drink my smoothies in the morning!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have accidently left my smoothies in the freezer more then once (I put them there while getting ready) and they were fine the next day, I drink them from a cup with a straw so I stir it as it melts, making it still thick and smoothie textured. Blender balls also work very well for doing this. My sister makes green smoothies (I use fruit and protein powder, and almond milk) and she will make enough for two and freeze one for the next day so every day doesnt start with a blender
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person either. I would love some GREAT smoothie recipes too.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yes would be great to have receipies on smoothies with NO additives like protein or chemicals anyone can help ?
  • quinto1025
    quinto1025 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond milk
    1 serving frozen fruit (Strawberries, mango, peaches, etc.)

That's basic.

I add protein, coconut oil and/or almonds
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond milk
    1 serving frozen fruit (Strawberries, mango, peaches, etc.)

That's basic.

I add protein, coconut oil and/or almonds

agreed. You can add cooked or uncooked oatmeal (really don't taste it) to make it take longer to digest. Almonds (I recommend almond flour or pre-blending them while dry). And greek yogurt is a good source of natural protein. I'm not a yogurt fan but I like it in my smoothies!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like the green monster smoothie recipe. Basically a bunch of fruit and some spinach.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    yes would be great to have receipies on smoothies with NO additives like protein or chemicals anyone can help ?

1 cup of frozen berries
    2 cups spinach
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 cup water
    Splash of juice (optional)

Yummy!