I need shoes for zumba....

Options
Msang
Msang Posts: 30 Member
Im wanting to purchase some shoes for zumba but im not too sure which ones to go for? Any suggestions? thanks :)

Replies

• dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    No brands, but try on ones that allow you to dance and turn/slide. Many running shoes will wear you out as they grip too well. Aerobic sneakers with multi-directional assistance and virtually no tread are your best bet.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon.com and search for jazz shoes or dance shoes. You can get a decent pair for $30.
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Ryka Transition and i love them! They are super lightweight and allow me to pivot and turn easily. I agree with dubw that regular shoes with tread make it so much harder to move...after wearing my rykas for a while i forgot them at home and just wore my Nike's and dang what a terrible workout compared to the Rykas. Happy Shopping!
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the samething, jazz shoes/dance shoes.
  • fangr
    fangr Posts: 20
    Options
    If your shoes have too much traction, you can make a band for the balls of your feet out of elastic. Lots of girls in my Zumba class did that with success.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I got the Nike Musique IV & LOVE Them! They have absolutely made Zumba easier and much more fun for me. I got them on sale at Lady Footlocker for $50.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    what is zumba ? is that a free site for something to dance with ?
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Ryka Transition and i love them! They are super lightweight and allow me to pivot and turn easily. I agree with dubw that regular shoes with tread make it so much harder to move...after wearing my rykas for a while i forgot them at home and just wore my Nike's and dang what a terrible workout compared to the Rykas. Happy Shopping!

I have a pair of Ryka's! I love them! They are really light and airy!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have some by Capezio and I love them. They're super lightweight, with a split sole and are less grippy than normal so make turns much easier on the joints!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I bought the ones on the zumba website after trying many many that were supposedly "dance" shoes. Best investment ever.

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop/product/z1-sneaker/whte/
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Go to Payless or Target...they have shoes with not a lot of tread, so you can do your moves easier....
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to purchase shoes to use just for Zumba, I'd definitely look into some dance shoes, like PP said. I do Zumba, but I do other workouts as well (running mostly), and I haven't had any problems wearing running shoes to do Zumba in. My most current pair of shoes is the K Swiss tubes, and I have been really pleased with their performance both in running and in Zumba. Many of the other ladies I Zumba with wear these to class as well, no problems.
  • Msang
    Options
    where can i purchase some Rykas? Ive heard they are good for zumba but ive been everywhere (footlocker,academy,famous footwear) any no one carries that brand!!
  • cookiecookster
    Options
    i bought nike cheer leader shoes. they are light and nice.
  • chaslee
    chaslee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ryka cheerleading shoes

reebok princess

nike shox

capezio

All have soft soles and flexible
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

It's a type of dancing workout. There are exercise dvds, classes at gyms, and even games for systems like XBox Kinect and Wii.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I wear Brooks Pure Connect for Zumba and love them
  • Msang
    Options
    LOL no its a workout class...DANCING!! You need to google it its awesome and you burn alot of calories
  • Msang
    Options

I have a pair of Ryka's! I love them! They are really light and airy!

Where can i purchase a pair? ive been everywhere!!
  • RDalton84
    Options
    Totally agree!! They are pricey but worth the investment! Most of the time I do Zumba at home on the carpet and my knees thanked me tremendously after I got them lol and they are super cute!
    I bought the ones on the zumba website after trying many many that were supposedly "dance" shoes. Best investment ever.

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop/product/z1-sneaker/whte/