Ragnar .....anyone run this before?

Options
Has anyone run a Ragnar race before? Please share your experience or if you looked into it. I'm considering this and would love more info.

Replies

• wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My sis-in-law is running one in July. I can ask her for some details if you like. :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    my buddy JR just did one this weekend. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Trail_Addict
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Trail_Addict just finished one today. Send him a message if he doesn't see this post, he might be sleeping. :smile:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    my buddy JR just did one this weekend. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Trail_Addict

Yep. Twice now. Just finished one yesterday. :happy:
  • ruthjulia
    Options
    Yes! They are so much fun. I did the NY one in 2010 and northwest passage July 2011. Planning to do napa in sept.
  • biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did the Washington, DC race this past fall with a team that was mostly made up of my marathon training pace group and we had a BLAST. We were all completely wiped out at the end (PLAN that you won't sleep, but try really hard to) but have all signed up to do it again this fall. The most important thing is having a good attitude about close quarters with your teammates and the funky smell that your van inevitably will have.

It's more about the experience and less about the running. Logistics and directions are WAY more important, as is a good attitude. You do need to be in good shape, though, and able to run for at least 12 miles minimum (combined). If you're not a social runner, it's probably not your cup of tea. But if you are, Do it! Or find another relay - it's a ton of fun.
  • Kubiastic
    Kubiastic Posts: 20
    Options
    I did the original Miami to Key West. Loved it. Would do it again in a heart beat if I could recruit other runners to commit!!!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have done it 3x now and will do it every year i can