Protein

Options
How important is it that you are staying in the allowed amount for protein. I drink 2 protein shakes a day and that seems to put me WAY over my allowed amount, but am not sure how important that is compared to carbs, fat and sodium.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Going over is not bad for you unless you have a specific medical condition that requires you to limit your protein, and as long as it's not a super-ridiculous amount. A lot of people on here eat 100g or even way more than that per day depending on their goals, training, and specific dietary preferences/requirements. I normally log a little over 100g per day and many of my friends shoot high as well, whether for specific goals or b/c it helps them feel full longer.

Also the macronutrient amounts are customizable - click on 'my home' then 'goals' then 'change goals' then 'custom' and you can tweak the percentage that is split between carbs/fat/protein if you'd like to put more emphasis on the protein so you don't have to stare at that red number every day. The percentages that are given are just a default recommendation, they are not necessarily right for everyone. :-)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    you can change the percentages in 'goals' - 'customise goals'. i've changed mine to 40,30,30.
  • KateeBugg66
    Options
    Wow, thank you I didn't know that :smile:
  • 11Erin11
    11Erin11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys! Its helped alot!
  • januarywoman
    Options
    I've been told too much protein is not really good for you. It can prevents absorption of minerals like calcium and can lead to osteoporosis when you're older.
    FYI this might like to check out this http://www.medicine net.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I've been told too much protein is not really good for you. It can prevents absorption of minerals like calcium and can lead to osteoporosis when you're older.
    FYI this might like to check out this http://www.medicine net.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"