When the scale doesn't move much...

Options
I get discouraged VERY easily. When the numbers on the scale don't move I start to think why bother if nothing is changing. This is where the photos come in handy. I took my first set at the end of January. I haven't seen myself any different in the mirror so I took another set of photos on the 22nd and just put them on my computer to see if they looked the same.

Yes I know I don't look my best-that comes from busting your rear end trying to drop pounds. No I'm not sure how to enlarge them-just copied from my profile.

Here are the Jan photos, first
9716118_969.jpg
9716118_5137.jpg

Then the photos from 5 days ago
9716118_1259.jpg
9716118_5578.jpg

Replies

• Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    Holy smoke! That's a huge difference! Congratulations!!
  • bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank you posting this. i feel the same way sometimes. its very discouraging!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    LOL - I was just typing the exact thing as the lady above...Holy Smokes there is a big difference!!! Keep it up and continue with your photos. :flowerforyou:
  • KCharron20
    Options
    Congratulations! What a huge difference! Keep it up!
  • dnac0012
    Options
    That is a VERY big difference congrats! I am also one who gets easily frusterated so I understand!
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Won't be long til you can't use that shirt for reference!
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes, photos are worth a thousand words. Great going.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    That's a major difference. You are doing great, keep it up. :smile: :happy:
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    Won't be long til you can't use that shirt for reference!

LOL, I look forward to that day. The shirt was the first thing I noticed-the areas showing the shirt stretching had disappeared. :D I'm glad I put the same thing on, I may not have noticed it if I tried something else.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job!!! I would urge you to keep track of your measurements and grab a pair of tight jeans to use as way to see your progress. The scale is not the only way of showing how well you are doing. Every three weeks take your measurements and try on those jeans, you'll be amazed at the difference you'll see. Good luck!
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good Job! The scale can be very discouraging.
  • nhibbitts
    nhibbitts Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! It takes such a long time to see any major changes and can be so disappointing when you are working so hard. Keep it up and it will definitely be worth it in the end.
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's hard to see a difference in yourself so taking pics is important and showing others so we can cheer you on!!!!! I DEFINITELY see a difference in tone and muscle!!!!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, big difference there for just a month. Way to go! :drinker:
  • Alissa_RN
    Alissa_RN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've felt the same way. I take pictures every couple of weeks, and its the only thing that keeps me going. I've seen a bigger difference in my clothes fitting than movement on the scale. Keep up the hard work, it is so worth it!
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cool!

There is quite a difference in your face too,

1) a much slimmer chin/kneck line
    2) a lovely smile - it's nice when you start to feel nice about yourself

Congratulations and thank you for the motovation

I am going away to take measurements - something I have been too frightened to do and maybe some photos too
    (maybe wearing the same dress I wore to my sisters wedding in September - when I saw th photos I wanted to hide away for ever)
  • Alinat305
    Options
    What a difference!!! you are doing a great job, before you know it you will have reached your goal!!!:smile:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    WTG!
    The first steps are always the most difficult! Not to worry though! With commitment & focus you will continue on the road to your goals!
    1 -2 lbs per week may seem small but they add up huge over a few months!
    Keep up the good work and best of luck on your journey!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!~ Your WHOLE belly area especially is smaller... I notice your shirt *looks* longer in the second pic...because it's getting looser on you! Definatally keep taking the pics... and measure! also keep a shirt and a pair of pants or jeans from your highest... i'm down pretty close to 100...and the other day, I grabbed an old sweatshirt from when I was 337...and I literally started cracking up... it was swimming on me! I couldn't believe the difference!

The scale is evil... I totally understand...and it frustrates me too... but you can SO see the difference in these pics! Keep up the awesome work!!!!
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG that is amazing and such an inspiration! thank you so much for sharing, and I hope that someday when I feel like that my pictures will be just as reassuring, that yes all my hard work is really paying off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!