Suggestions for Healthy Desk/Office Snacks

Options
I'm trying to make sure I always have something healthy to eat when I'm at work in case I forget breakfast or snacks for the day. What do guys keep in your office stash?

Replies

• Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    ugh its so hard to stay healthy at a desk for 8hrs! i use to snack on pretzels,chocolates and twizzlers ordering pizza or greasy chinese take out! THATS how i got in my situation lol its so easy to snack when ur bored at work. I recently started bringing fruits, baybel cheese and carrot sticks. trying to stay away from the bad stuff is hard! i also keep a 1ltr of water on me so i dont have to go buy a sugary drink when thirsty! good luck**
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    I don't work in an office setting but my hubby does. He keeps a box of quaker instant oatmeal in his desk. Quick, easy, healthy and keeps you full. He gets his hot water from the coffee maker. Also, trail mix & protein bars. I pack his lunch for him so he's covered.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    When ever I start to feel hungry at my desk. I first drink some water. But, I keep gum, granula, nuts, raisins, & chocolate chips in my desk draw. That way I have a health option for when I need to munch.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    almonds, peanuts, gum, oatmeal, protein shake here and there
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like the nature valley crunch grandly bars. They have 2 bars per pack and its pretty filling. I normally eat one around 10 am sinonce im usually starving then and it holds me over till lunch most days.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I work a FT office job. I like to keep the following close by microwave popcorn, almonds, Greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, speciak K granola bars and string cheese. I have a mini fridge and microwave close by to use.
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    Options
    Rather I eat it or not....I pack baby carrots, celery, microwave popcorn, and crystal light packs daily in my lunch bag
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just open up my stash cabinet in my office. Here is what I found:

- 5lb jug of Optimum Nutrition whey protein
    - jar of natural peanut butter (stored upside down)
    - bottle of fish caps
    - bottle of ibuprofen
    - 2 bags of sunflower seeds
    - 2 bottles of Mio
    - a Zip Fizz
    - Rain sugar free gum
    - Ricola cough drops
    - Protein Plus protein bar

I also have pretty much the same stuff in my backpack, except for the Mio. And I try to keep 100 calorie snack packs of almonds in my truck and backback.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    6 mini bell peppers (tops cut off) (50 cal
    4 tbsp Southwestern Veggie Dip (FF)- 60 cal per 2tbsp
    6 slices Oscar mayer ham (50 cal)

Stuff dip and ham inside and munch., You can also add a sweet pea in there as well. Yummy sweet/spicy/crunchy snack in seconds.
  • vilardip1
    Options
    string cheese, nuts, trail mix, 100 calorie packs of any variety (they have everything from chocolate covered pretzels to cheez-its and everything in between)
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    best that i have found to keep in my desk is healthy popcorn, granola bars, fruit leathers, and pretzel sticks.
    i suggest keeping them portioned into servings though so that you dont end up over snacking.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have got to try this thanks,
  • jenn5686
    jenn5686 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually pack my snacks the night before - baby carrots, strawberries, blueberries, Blue Diamond 100 calorie almond packs, string cheese, clementines