FAT thighs =(

Options
Ok, so I gain all of my weight right in my thighs! I swear my legs look like the legs of an elephant lol But, I am leaner through my body. I will not wear a dress or shorts that show even my knees! So, what is the best way to target thigh fat??? Also, any tips on cellulite?

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs too. Any exercise will make them go down. I have lost 2 in on each thigh doing mostly cardio. I have started strength training but no matter what I focus on I lose fat all over, not in just one spot. Spot training really doesn't work.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot train. Just can't do it. Continuing to burn fat is the only way to reduce fat in certain areas of your body--different people lose weight in different places first. You CAN use strength training to strengthen the muscles in your legs (which are very large muscle groups). Strength training will help your body burn fat more efficiently and as you lose fat it will help with the appearance of cellulite. Also, monitor your sodium intake. High sodium = more cellulite. Drink lots of water to help with that as well. The last issue there is genetics. You ever see slim and in shape women who still have a bit of cellulite on the back of their legs or butt? They can thank their genes for that. Reducing fat overall and strength training will reduce the appearance of cellulite, but only as much as your genes will allow. Good luck!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My problem is my belly and thighs. Kim, I am going to meet up with my Zumba instructor after class this evening and she's going to show me some tips. Would you want to sign up with me?