Breakfast question

Options
How long after you wake up do you eat breakfast? Do you eat breakfast at home or work?

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Within the hour and at home.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    For me usually about 1/2 an hour after getting up, longer on weekends and only occaisionaly at work :) I do save my cup of coffee for work though.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You should eat breakfast within the first hour after you wake up. I eat at home (but I work from home) and if I have to go out - I make a protein shake and take it with me.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it an hour or so after waking up and on my way to work or school.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Usually within half hour
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I usually eat within an hour of getting up as well. I used to eat at work but now I fix my shake and eat on the way to work.
  • chloizzle
    Options
    On weekdays I eat breakfast usually about half an hour after I get up. On weekends sometimes I don't eat breakfast until a few hours after I wake up. I eat it at home. :)
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Depends! Sometimes I wake up hungry and want to eat my pillow before getting out of bed. Today I didn't eat until 10am. I try to do it based on how hungry I am and what my morning looks like.
  • I wake up at 5:30-6:00 and eat at 8:30 at work!
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Within twenty minutes, or else I feel horribly nauseous. I either eat at home or I eat something like a banana or breakfast bar in the car.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Usually grap a protien bar/shake on the way to work. It isn't much, but its enough to get me going and bcs of the protien I'm usually good up to lunch, but I do keep raisins and nuts in my dexk for emergencies. :happy:
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. Works for me.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm hungry.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    im up at 6.15 am and eat around 8 at work. dont have time until then.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:30 and usually have breakfast around 7:30 at work. I do have my coffee on my way to work which ties me over till 7:30.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    About an hour and a half after waking up, at work. It's usually bentoed the night before. I honestly do not have time to eat in the morning at home. I really wish I could push my body clock back 30 minutes so I could wake up earlier. Just not happening.
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:30-6:00 and eat at 8:30 at work!

That's me! I don't know if it is "bad" or "good" but that is the only way that works for me....I have been known to make my own "breakfast sandwich" and eat it between home and work---BUT I make sure to eat it slowly, enjoy it, and not just cram it down my throat! On the weekend I adjust how I use my calories and we enjoy nice family breakfasts together, usually a bit later.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it pretty soon after waking up because I'm ravenous.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Remember: Break-the-fast. Breakfast looks like what YOU need it to but its more important to break the fast. Carbohydrates nourish your nervous system and your brain. Your body has been using energy to keep you alive so its important to get it refueled. The brain needs about 20 grams of glucose at all times to work at optimum performance. That is about the same as a banana. Longer more sustained energy will be obtained from low glycemic foods so choose breakfast with fiber if you want it to last.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How long after you wake up do you eat breakfast? Do you eat breakfast at home or work?
    Depends, I can't eat directly before I workout so on workout mornings I drink coffee until I get to work and then eat (this includes saturdays). However, on days that I don't workout in the morning I eat withint 45 minutes of my feet hitting the floor. So: Monday & Friday I eat by 645 (when I leave my house for the day), Tues - Thurs I eat about 730 - 745 (when I get settled in at work). Saturday I eat between 11 - 12 for the first time (but I carry a bar on me incase I do get hungry between lifting and step, then I power through the belly cramps).