Goal to start drinking more water

Options
My goal for this week is to start drinking more water. I only drink water on the days I work out (I take a 16oz bottle with me to the gym) Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Also, how did drinking more water affect weight loss the first week or two?

Replies

• cglenden
    Options
    i have also made this my goal!! i want to drink 2 - 24oz bottles by the end of the day... what to expect- HIGH URINATION OUTPUT! good luck!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    People often underestimate how many trips to the bathroom this will cause. You will adjust to it if you keep drinking the water. I'm not sure if it's better to increase the amount gradually or just get it over with all at once.

Some people try to drink their water really quickly - and end up either getting sick of drinking water, or actually feeling sick from chugging it. Spread it out over the course of the day.
  • mscarmen803
    Options
    I went from drinking one 16.9 oz bottle a day..now Im drinking 3 to 4 bottles a day.. You just have to drink it and you will get use to it.. good luck.
  • mmarcy11
    mmarcy11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Did anyone notice a weight gain or loss difference when they first started drinking a lot more water?
  • Lynda4aska
    Options
    recommendations that came to me at the beginning - a straw and Crystal light singles. Both help, but I am still not at the water drinkng level I'd like to be at.

Good luck !
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Last week I decided I needed to start drinking more water, so I went from drinking maybe two glasses a day to now I can drink anywhere from 4 to 6 bottles a day. It did require more trips to the bathroom at first, but already after only a week my body is adjusting to it. Good luck :)
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I first started drinking the amount I currently drink, I noticed a couple things--first, you do spend more time in the restroom. But also, I felt cooler (physically) and more clear-headed, more awake, if that makes sense. And my skin got softer. Nice perks.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I totally did the same thing and you are so right your body does adjust to it rather quickly. All I have been drinking for about a month is water and green tea. I afford myself maybe 2 Crystal Lights packets a day, but other than that plain water. the Crystal lights takes care of my sweet tooth. LOL Good Luck
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    you will def notice weight LOSS. i always really struggle to get enough water. i've started drinking it hot with a slice of lemon - i have about 6 cups of these throughout the day plus 1ltr in the morning when i workout.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    For me it's easier to drink 8 ounces at a time, several times throughout the day. It's less than you think,, not a tall bottle or glass and much easier to drink at once.
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    When I first started drinking the amount I currently drink, I noticed a couple things--first, you do spend more time in the restroom. But also, I felt cooler (physically) and more clear-headed, more awake, if that makes sense. And my skin got softer. Nice perks.

Me too... and I now notice really quickly when I don't drink enough. I love the way being hydrated makes me feel.
  • Sahalsaver
    Options
    I take an insulated tumbler with a straw with me everywhere... work, home, working out.. on the go... it helps me drink more water.. the straw affords you to drink faster without even realizing... Yes you do need to go to the bathroom more often, but that means you are cleansing the toxins from your body... 8-10 cups of water a day is recommended, I find myself quickly meeting and exceeding this goal (I really think its the straw)
  • Pluto_Child
    Pluto_Child Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just take a couple bottles with me everywhere I go (reusable ones). You don't chug it that will just turn you off and make your stomach feel awful. I just sip it all day long and then magically I've gone through like 3-4 32 oz. bottles in a day. That's up to a gallon a day for me in the summer! I don't find myself hitting the bathroom anymore than normal honestly since I space it out and don't chug it like a ton. The only benefit you'll really see is less stinky/dark nasty urine, you feel cleaner too! I'm to the point where I don't crave juice/soda/sweet drinks at all anymore. I am perfectly happy with water and the occasional hot/iced tea.
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Yes the peeing...oh the peeing lol! it isnt so bad only when your sleeping and you have to wake up 5 times durring the night! But i have noticed clearer skin and it helps u from feeling hungry so often! It depends on the day for me...some days im super thirsty and the water justgoes down smooth but others i dont drink to much! I always keep a 16-20 ozglass filled allday so i just sip that all day! Good luck!
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i have the goal of drinking 3 of the huge 30 oz LOVE PINK bottles from victoria secret.
    I used the crystal light before but i find it way too sweet, i then bought the tetley infushions and wow they were amazing, it only sweetened the water just enough so you wanted to drink it without feeling like your drinking water.
  • Seminole_puppy
    Seminole_puppy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking water, so I turn it into a game. I take a bottle with me in the car (just 16 or 20 oz) and take 5 chugs at each stop sign or traffic light I see. I finish the bottle before I'm halfway to work. I do the same thing coming home, which knocks out 4-6 cups of water a day. I do the same thing when putting on makeup in the morning and get two bottles (4 cups) out of the way then. Every step of getting ready gets followed with 5 sips or chugs of water. Put on moisterizer, chug. Put on foundation, chug. Line eyes, chug.
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    what are tetley infusions? Is it hot tea or do you drink it as iced tea?
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like hot chamomile tea in the colder months..and I drink it chilled with lemon or a sprig of miint in the warmer months.
    I have a 16 oz coffee mug I like to use. I have tea with breakfast, and at dinner. Drinking warmer liquids (warmer than your body temp) will actually RAISE your metabolism.
    I can't have anything caffeinated, so the Chamomile works for me!
    If your urine is dark or even bright yellow, and smells bad....you are not drinking enough water. Your urine should be a pale yellow, almost no color at all at times, and have a very faint smell to it.....that's how you know you're drinking enough!
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    what are tetley infusions? Is it hot tea or do you drink it as iced tea?

i may of spelt it wrong but its like crystal light but its liquid forum, so its like an iced tea but healthier and not as sweet. there amazing
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    Do you think it is possible to drink to much water? I probably drink at least 80oz a day. Plus a cup of green tea (8oz)