Shirataki Noodles

Options
I've just tried it, it's delicious and the noodles has just 10 calories. I made it with, 1 pork chop, broccolis, carrot and mushrooms. Yummy! Has anyone tried the miracle noodles?

Replies

• nanawhitt
    Options
    Never heard of it, where do you get them and how do you cook them?
  • denise3085
    denise3085 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I bought some over the weekend and hope to try them in the next couple of days.
  • nanawhitt
    Options
    I never heard of them. Where do you get them and how do you cook them?
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There a bit more of Shirataki noodles :

http://www.gfreefoodie.com/shirataki-noodle-a-gluten-free-“food-secret”/

It's really good. I bought it in an asian market close where I live. I bought 5 packs. When I was looking for it, I found it in Amazon.com as well, but a friend told me I also would find it here in the city where I live.

You can try it with any sauce, it's awesome. I'm gonna try veggie curry with this tomorrow.
  • sg1982
    Options
    You can get them in any asian shop. Or even look for it in amazon.com
  • sg1982
    Options
    I never heard of them. Where do you get them and how do you cook them?

You can get them in any asian shop. Or even look for it in amazon.com
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Then even have these at Whole Foods. The biggest rip are the Miracle Noodles. They charge a FORTUNE, when you can get them at the store for like a dollar!
  • sheilsun
    Options
    Hi, I like Miracle Noodles because of the different shapes and sizes that you can't get at the Asian store.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Then even have these at Whole Foods. The biggest rip are the Miracle Noodles. They charge a FORTUNE, when you can get them at the store for like a dollar!

I agree, and they smell soo bad
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I tried so hard to like them and HATED them. Rubbery texture and couldn't get over the fishy smell no matter how carefully I rinsed them. Yuk, bad memory!
  • sg1982
    Options
    Yes, my friend also didn't like the smell of it. But I boiled it first for 25 minutes, so no smell at all. And the taste.. Has no taste the noodles... what gives the taste is the sauce you will put on it. I found on google many different recipes.
  • mszebra
    Options
    I tried so hard to like them and HATED them. Rubbery texture and couldn't get over the fishy smell no matter how carefully I rinsed them. Yuk, bad memory!

Same. I thought they were gross.