Hi my name is Pam and I'm a carbaholic

Options
:mad: Im so mad. I have been dieting since Jan.l 1st and only lost 8 pounds. I have tried low carb, counting calories and exercising. I have take phentermine whick worked great until my throat closed and my tongue swelled. :sad: I need advice. Any ideas? I need help!

Replies

• jess_fowler
    jess_fowler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't think losing 8 pounds in 2 months is really that bad. 1-2 pounds per week is what doctors recommend. So you are on the slower side of that.....try not to get frustrated yet. I know I always want to lose weight quickly and see results, but I'm learning that when it comes off quick, it usually goes back on quick as well. I am also a "carbaholic" and am doing the 17 day diet right now for the 2nd time. I lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks last time, but gained 6 of it back just as quickly. I am apparently quite sensitive to carbs....once I start eating them again I seem to lose all control and want all carbs in sight. So I am trying low-carb again and may just stick to it indefinitely. It definitely curbs my appetite and gives me more energy!
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pam, two months and losing 8 lbs is not bad at all...thats 2lbs per week and is the ideal weight loss. If you are wanting to lose more than that, you can, but it is extremely hard. You would need to exercise a lot ot burn fat and also to keep from losing muscle. I am told that those that lose alot of weight quickly can also have problems with loose skin too. The way, I am looking at this is that this is not simply a diet...diets come and then are gone. This is a lifestyle change... learn to eat so that you lose 1 or 2 lbs per week and stick with it!
  • katambsie
    Options
    I guess I am getting so frustrated because the girls in the ofice where I work are all trying to lose weight. I am 44 years old. One lady is 52 and has lost 26 pounds. Another lady is 61 and has lost 16 pounds. Neither have had children. I have had 3. Do you think that makes a difference? Neither are exercsing and I am. It doesnt make any sense to me. I have been to the doctor and been all checked out and nothing physical is keeping me from losing weight. I guess I should also explain, I can not get below this weight (194) I go up and down lose 2 gain 2. Lose 1 gain 2. Lose 3 gain 1. :( There has to be something goin on.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    They are losing too much weight too fast. It takes time, just stick with it :)
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yes all of that is a factor. Kids, excercising, etc.
    Also did the ladies at your office have more to lose??
    I have a similar situation, all men in my office and they lose like no one business and i just bust my hump to slowly tick away the pounds. Hang in there though better slowly than not at all
  • Veggychick
    Veggychick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pam, 8 lbs in 2 months is great! Remind yourslef that losing weight is not an instant thing. You will reach your goal as long as you are eating right and working out. Some people can lose weight very fast and then palto and other have to wait a little linger. You have done great so far :)!!! Be proud of yourself for dropping 8lbs!! The rest will come of with time. You can do this!!!!! The one thing I can suggest that helped me when I was not happy with the amount... was the Dr. Ian Smith Extreme Fat Smash Diet. The name sounds insane and fake... I know... but I lost 10 lbs in two weeks. I didnt starve myself either. You have a very stricket diet to follow and you are required to do cardio everyday. The meals are a bit boring but you can add some salsa to each and that helps a ton. Good luck!!
  • cyuenkel
    cyuenkel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    do you FEEL better? I think that's what matters most. The weight might be slow-but try to concentrate on the here and now-and recognize how much better you (hopefully) feel!
  • brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat, I know it's so frustrating just don't give up,
  • katambsie
    Options
    Thanks for your input and support. You guys are awesome! :flowerforyou: