Insanity Fit Test Results!

Options
Hey guys! I just did the Insanity Fit Test today... I currently, feel like I'm going to puke... but it feels amazing! I tracked my results... but just wanted to see where I stood with other Insanity Challengers... If you wouldn't mind sharing your day 1 results I would love to see!

**No judgement or criticism needed** Support Only! :)

Here are mine... I'm somewhat shocked at how much I was able to do...

Switch Kicks = 47
Power Jacks = 42
Power Knees = 97
Power Jumps = 35
Globe Jumps = 9
Suicide Jumps = 19
Push Up Jacks = 25
Low Plank Oblique = 45

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I bought Insanity last summer and have not tried it yet.
    Looks like you did pretty good. I dont think I could do that much stuff in a row. Do you get a break in between?
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I completed my first round of insanity on 1/15/2012. been taking some time off doing some running and throwing in some insanity work outs here and there. so here are my numbers from the first round.

1. Switch Kicks 75/ 86/ 86/ 98
    2. Power Jacks 44/ 46/ 51/ 54
    3. Power Knees 80/ 90/ 94/ 97
    4. Power Jumps 30/ 32/ 36/ 42
    5. Globe Jumps 07/ 08/ 09/ 09
    6. Suicide Jumps 20/ 21/ 21/ 21
    7. Push-Up Jacks 18/ 22/ 25/ 27
    8. Low Plank Oblique 40/ 46/ 60/ 62

best of luck to you !!
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity and I will hold on to it for the future that's for sure. Love me some Shaun T:)

Switch Kicks = 30 when I started 77 finish
    Power Jacks = 41 when started, 60 finished
    Power Knees = 84 when started, 97 finished
    Power Jumps = 34 when started, 41 finished
    Globe Jumps = 5 when started, 9 finished
    Suicide Jumps = 19 when started, 21 finished
    Push Up Jacks = 12 when started, 21 finished
    Low Plank Oblique = 47 when started, 64 finished

When you go back later and take the fit test again, you can seriously tell the difference in you. I only did the fit test twice, the night before I started. Then the day after I finished Insanity. Good news is I lost 14.5 inches doing Insanity and some weight:) So it was worth it:)
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You guys have me pumped to do it! But, because I'm a turbo addict... I'm doing turbofire at the same time. :)
  • nukehiker
    Options
    wow insanity and turbo at the same time ? you will have to eat about 4000 cals just to offset those programs !
  • CMomma23
    Options
    Maybe so... But I'm trying something new... I don't log and eat back my exercise cals... I've done that at a low calorie intake and the feeling of deprivation for so long that I've now hit a plateau. So, I'm trying something new... to just eat better and healthier (although I cheat from time to time, allows for a break) I've recently added about 400 more cals from what I was used to and I don't feel hungry anymore. I'm not logging exercise to add the calorie surplus because I'm over the idea of working out to eat. I would rather eat more and workout for fun. (Truthfully, it all equals out to eating exercise calories with a deficit but doing it this way is just changing my thinking and I feel better about it, meaning I can stick to it and push harder and not worry with logging what I've burned just to eat it back)
  • kimdea39
    Options
    Maybe this is somewhere else, but how do you figure the calories used for Insanity or TurboFIre? I tried typing it in on the exercise entry but came up with "No results."
  • CMomma23
    Options
    There isn't one.... The best recommendation is for some to invest in a HRM since the calorie burn would vary for everyone. I got a Polar FT4 from Amazon for under 100$. It was well worth the money spent and I rarely exercise without it.
  • kimdea39
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into it.
  • princesscookiepops
    Options
    Kimdea35 , I read on a past post to log Insanity as " High Impact Aerobics". This is what I've been doing. Maybe someone else has an answer for us. :smile:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is somewhere else, but how do you figure the calories used for Insanity or TurboFIre? I tried typing it in on the exercise entry but came up with "No results."

All depends on how hard you're working. For me, I burn about 400-480 depending on the workout. HRM is definitely the best way to go.
  • uspp223
    uspp223 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I see this is an older post; however, maybe it will get going again - starting week 3 of Insanity, here are my second fit test results:

Move 9/3/12 9/17/12 result
    Switch Kicks 80 100 +20
    Power Jacks 30 45 +15
    Power Knees 60 100 +40
    Power Jumps 18 25 +7
    Globe Jumps 9 10 +1
    Suicides 12 16 +4
    Pushup jacks 15 25 +10
    Low Plank Oblique 34 50 +16

I just finished like 15 minutes ago, I don't remember being this "smoked" after the first fit test! Good Luck!
  • dragonball7994
    Options
    my day 1 insanity fitness test results i started insanity because i completed the 100 push up challenge

switch kicks - 100
    power jacks - 60
    power knees - 85
    power jumps - 30
    globe jumps - 8
    push up jacks - 30
    plank thingies - 45

i pushed really hard and the power knees killed my left leg it was going to be 1 or the other right maybe i should have switched half way through
  • kasull3
    kasull3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished week two so I just took the Fit Test for the second time.
    Here are my results!

Switch Kicks- 61-63 (2 kicks = 1)
    Power Jumps- 57-65
    Power Knees- 90- 109
    Power Jumps- 30-43
    Globe Jumps- 7-12
    Suicide Jumps- 17-21
    Push-Up Jacks- 22-30
    Low Plank Oblique- 28-54
  • 12mcken
    12mcken Posts: 1
    Options
    Here are my Insanity Fit Test results along with Tanya's and Chris. Although, I was a little intimidating to take the Insanity plunge but after performing the test and seeing my results. I feel more confident and reassured about the Insanity Program. I'm looking to start the program after my last week of T25 GAMMA phase. My main reason for doing to the program is to see if I can get a 6-pack abs and I love a challenge. :-)

(1st test, 2nd test)

Switch Kicks (Tanya: (74,110) Chris: (80,100)
    Day 1: 70

Power Jacks (Tanya: (51,65) Chris: (?,?) Unable to get Chris's results.
    Day 1: 71

Power Knees (Tanya: 98,125) Chris: (62,81)
    Day 1: 110

Power Jumps (Tanya: 41,?) Chris: (42,?))
    Day 1: 67

Globe Jumps (Tanya: 9,11) Chris: (7,11)
    Day 1: 11

Suicide Jumps (Tanya: (18,23) Chris: (17, 22)
    Day 1: 20

Push-Up Jacks (Tanya: (23,32 ) Chris: (21,42)
    Day 1: 40

Low Plank Oblique (Tanya: 40,70) Chris: (35, 49)
    Day 1: 54

I'll update the "power jacks" results from Tanya and Chris later today.