Zumba & wii fit results?

Options
Does the Wii fit
& the wii Zumba work?

could you show me results? pics?
Im thinking of getting wii fit, but not sure if its actually worth the money..& i already have zumba.

Does zumba really burn 1000 calories an hour?

Replies

• Feistybelle
    Options
    Hey there, I have both on two systems and I have to tell you that doing them on the xbox360 kinect is such a better work out! There is no comparison, its amazing. I have been doing a lot of dance central 2 and I burn more calories doing a 17 minute stint of that then I do on an elliptical for half an hour. Just my two cents.
  • cindyrey
    Options
    GO TO ZUMBZCALORIE.COM IT WILL TELL YOU HOW MANY CALORIES YOU BURN, IT DEPENDS ON YOUR WEIGHT AND HOW HARD YOU WORK OUT WITH IT.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I dont know about on the systems but I do zumba classes twice a week and have lost 20lbs so far! Love Zumba - as long as you're up and moving I think it should work but I also agree that the Xbox is way better than the wii :)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    don't have an xbox and don't like the wii zumba...what about ps3?
  • mgero212
    Options
    I am not in love with wii fit and got bored with it after a month but I do love Just Dance 3 and Zumba Fit 2 for my Wii. When I get sick of the gym or I just want to workout at home I put in my Zumba game and dance off the calories. When I do it I do it full out and in 60 minutes I burn about 800 calories
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com is only an estimate. I was using that before I got my Heart Rate Monitor. It told me that low impact I burned 600 calories in the hour. My heart rate monitor tells me that I burn about 540-560 for the hour and it's more like medium impact. I am 29 and weigh 188 pounds. It depends on your weight and age and a variety of things.
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    For me Zumba burns 2x as many calories as the eliptical and I hate those machines so i like this much better. i go to class a few times a week and then do it on wii some other nights too.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit is fun and a great workout, depending on which "games" you choose to play. I have a few of the Just Dance disc's and I get a great workout from those! I will also be getting Wii Zumba soon!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Wii Fit is rubbish and not worth the money. It's fun, but not a serious tool for weight loss.

Zumba is good, but get the later version which has much improved on the first. But it's even better on xbox as you don't have to hold/wear the controller!!

No pics, but lost over 50lbs between Jan and August 2011 with Zumba being my main exercise. I do go to classes as well, but the game is just as good as classes for cal burn. I also used EA Sports games on Wii - personal trainer/more workouts, and Myfitnesscoach cardio, and they were very good as well (much better than wiifit).

Hope that helps :-)
  • jodieoh
    jodieoh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba - it's good, but you do need a lot of space and I think it would be easier if you were doing it on a hard floor. I recommend EA Sport ACtive 2. It includes a heart rate monitor and lots of different ways to exercise. You can take the 9-week course, which gets gradually more difficult as you go along, or you can make up your own exercise routines. I really like the step class. It tells you how many calories you've burned in a session, as well - useful. You can use the Wii balance board with it but you don't have to.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit Board and game that goes with it is not a workout in my opinion. The yoga is ok but other than that, the kids like it. I have Zumba for Wii (the first one) and I love it. I do 45 min workouts on it and when I am done I am usually very very sweaty and winded! I just go by what zumbacalories.com says and shoot my calories under that.
  • muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,

With the Wii Fit, it has good and bad. Anything that gets your heart rate up will be considered exercise, the problem with Wii Fit is it only keeps you going for a short while. You really need 30 mins of elevated heart rate to start doing some real good, and the wii fit doesn't make that easy.

I'd recommend the Zumba for Wii, and put a 40 minute session on

MK
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!