P90X?

Options
lesliemk
lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
I've seen parts of the informercial and I am intrigued. Right now I do pilates/yoga and an ecotrekking (outdoor cardio/strength training) that I love, but I couldn't believe these before and after photos. Wow! I'd love to hear some other P90X success stories and of course, maybe from the few that didn't find the program appealing either. I'm just trying to decide if this would be something for me. Also a few questions... How many times per week? How long is each workout session? What equipment is required? Did this workout really ramp up your weight loss? Thx!!

Replies

• licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    I have done P90X. I would say that for me it has not been a weight loss journey, however I have lost around 18 inches overall; maybe more. I have went from a tight size 14 to a size 6/8.

The before and after pics that you see in the informercial are real. If you would like to see more success pics or get more information about the program I would suggest that you visit the Beachbody message boards. You do not need to own the program to access them.

P90X consists of 12 DVD's and the rotation is 6 days a week. All of the workouts are challenging. If you follow the program as it is laid out, nutrition recommendations included you will definately get results.
    I did not make "huge" changes when I began, it was a process. I did however see enough changes that it encouraged me to keep going!
    If you order P90X and if within 30 days, you can return it and get a 100% refund. No questions asked.

If you decide that P90X is not for you, Beachbody has long list of awesome workouts. I am sure that there is one that you will enjoy and that will help you get to where you want to be.
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The workouts are between 45 minutes to 90 minutes each. Most are 1 hour with a 17 minute ab routine afterwards. They are 6 days per week with rest or stretching on the 7th day. I am currently on day 44 of the program and am getting reasonable results. I believe if you follow the nutrition guide very closely that comes with the program the results are more dramatic. The workout are very intense and can be discouraging to some. My wife still does not like the program very much because of the many pushups and pullups you are supposed to do. I enjoy it very much except for the ab workouts. I have only lost 6 lbs since starting the program but I have lost 2" off my waist.
  • diaggirl300
    Options
    I love it!! I set a goal to do at least 20 minutes a night of each DVD for the 90 days. I have lost weight and inches. I also toned my body...mostly my arms. I cannot seem to find the time to do the entire DVD each day, but would love to. I also run, spin, and do yoga. BTW...I work at a local run/walk shop and customers comment on my arms alot!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I started at 288 lbs, 34% bodyfat and a size 48 jean in late December.

I will be finishing my second round of P90X on July 18th.

I currently weigh approximately 228 (60 lb weight loss) at 9% bodyfat wearing a size 32 jean. It's not bragging if it's fact but I'm a shredded mass of muscle.

This program CHANGES lives, folks...
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    BR198FB- That weight loss is awesome! How can you be at 9% body fat and still want to lose 18 lbs. that is not possible unless you lose mostly muscle. Just curious.
  • fjtcjt
    Options
    P90X is pretty intense. If you can't committ the hour a day or you think it may be too intense you may want to start with Power90 or Slim in 6. Beachbody has a bunch of dvd's and if you go to the website and do a little research you are bound to find one that will work for you as far the amount of time required and the intensity. A friend of mine recently had a baby and is using the Slim in 6 to help lose the weight she gained. She loves it mostly because it is working! They all work, just find the one you think you will be able to committ to.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    BR198FB- That weight loss is awesome! How can you be at 9% body fat and still want to lose 18 lbs. that is not possible unless you lose mostly muscle. Just curious.

I still have this pesky lower ab fat that I need to ditch. The rest of my body is ripped but the lower abs just won't go.
  • fjtcjt
    Options
    I know how you feel for sure. I am just under 11 % body fat thinking I would be happy at 10 %. Now I think I need to get closer to 8 % to get rid of that lower ab fat and back fat. It is amazing how stubborn that stuff is. I am trying to gain weight overall though. Adding muscle while losing body fat. Trying to very slowly gain muscle weight while losing fat.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 4th round and absolutely love P90X! I started at 125 pounds, 19% bodyfat. I now weigh 123, 9% bodyfat (measured by a kineseologist).

The workouts are hard and challenging, but you get stronger every time you push play. During one of the workouts the other day, I did 355 total pushups -- and not one of them were on my knees. :bigsmile: