Zumba & wii fit results! plz!!

Options

Replies

• gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    OMG girl, go to my profile and add me and you will see the results! I couldn't be happier!!! I average .32 lbs a DAY LOSS with my Wii Fit. The Zumba is fabulous as well! I do the Wii Fit almost every day!!! I love it and it's a LOT of fun! I have lost 19.2 pounds in just TWO months!!!
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    I always did dancing games on the wii before I got pregnant. And i asked if Zumba was ok, and she said of course.
    But, if walking is best. Then ill do it :P
    I just want a healthy normal pregnancy.
  • Tiffaney82690
    Options
    Wii fit just gives you some activity it doesnt help burn a lot of calories but its better than doing nothing... ZUMBA definitely works and generally I burn 750-950 doing an hour its a great workout and you get all parts of your body into it. I dont have pics or results really but I lost my first 10 lbs playing just dance 3 and zumba at least an hour a day
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    OMG girl, go to my profile and add me and you will see the results! I couldn't be happier!!! I average .32 lbs a DAY LOSS with my Wii Fit. The Zumba is fabulous as well! I do the Wii Fit almost every day!!! I love it and it's a LOT of fun! I have lost 19.2 pounds in just TWO months!!!

OMG! You look FANTASTIC!!
    Deff doing Zumba after I have my baby!
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I personally did not like the Wii Fit, but I love Zumba. My husband just got us a 3rd Xbox with Kinnect for the living room so that when I finish Jillian's Body Revolution I can start the Zumba again. I have the Exhilaration DVD set with the 1lb and 2lb toning sticks and love it. I averaged around 500-700 calories per Zumba DVD (about 45 min on avg.)
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The wii fit is ok, but personally I couldn't see getting results for myself just using that. It is a fun add in for exercise though, so if money is not an issue - get it. I like the super hula hoop. But if I had to pick between my treadmill or the wii fit then i would gladly give up the wii fit.
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I bought Zumba Wii recently and its still in the wrapper. Its rainiy here and I dont feel like driving in the rain to the gym. Perhaps I should get some salsa moves going!
  • bmathis11
    Options
    I have them all boardd, zumba, and i go to the gym. Honestly, I burn more and work out harder at the gym. Being around people make you more....accountable. I also workout and "diet" with a large group of women that meet at the same time. we push each other, and compete to bee better. anything is better than nothing.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Instead of Wii Fit I would suggest AE Active. It comes with a heart monitor that straps to your arm and I found it worked me harder than Wii Fit ever did. You can choose how hard of a work out to have as well.
  • spartymama
    Options
    I would definitely recommend zumba for weight loss and toning and flexibility. I do it twice a week at class and I have the videos. A 150 pound person burns between 5-700 calories for an hour but everyone is different. It can definitely vary depending on how much effort you put in. In the beginning you might not burn as much while you are figuring out the steps but when you know the moves you can rock out and you feel like you're in a dance crew! It's a lot of fun which makes you keep doing it and dancing those calories away!!
  • viclee
    viclee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I just did a 43 minute Zumba 2 for Wii class and burned 734 calories.. to me, that's worth it!! I have, for the Wii, Zumba 2, Fit Active and Wii Fit plus AND I have a gym membership. I get bored easily so it works for me to have options. Sometimes I can't or don't want to go to the gym so it's good to have good options at home for some intense burning of calories!! I love the Zumba. It's a fun way to burn lots of calories at once and it helps tone too!!
  • lindamrose
    Options
    16992623.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • anpilson
    anpilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zumba. I have the DVD for Wii and I do classes at my gym. It burns roughly 450 calories per hour, depending on the intensity. I can't believe it's taken this long for Zumba to arrive! Someone should have thought of it a long time ago!
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA Question: Does it hurt your knees? I've been doing Turbo Fire and my knees get sore every few days from all the jumping. Does Zumba hurt your knees at all?
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and have it for the Wii at home. I like the variation of having Wii fit BUT BUT BUT...IF I had to do it all over again (buying the Wii I would have bought XBox 360 because witht the Wii you have to hold the controllers and for Wii Zumba you have to strap a controller to your hip. And I never feel like I'm gettting accurate feedback...
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    If your knees are hurting check your shoes. My Zumba Instructor recommends cross trainers or dance shoes. I bought the dances shoes from amazon for $32 because my feet hurt. No issues. As far as we wii fit I have it and I went from sofa to working out for me the strength training allowed me to slowy build myself up now I just use it to track BMI and Weight and kids have added the kitten to it- apprently he needs to diet too. The Zumba for wii is fun I have 1 and 2 I would do the 1 for 45 min on hard 5 days a week and the fit board everyday. Then I got zumba 2 and try to do that 3 days a week plus a zumba class for 1 hour plus I have started doing the 30 day shred with weights. I am not seeing any weight loss (hit a platue and can't break it) but I can see some slimming down. I took pics on Feb 3rd and on March 3rd I will again to compare. I will not ever post them cause they would make you toss your lunch lol. Good luck and be careful and not over do it with the baby.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i use just dance on wii, and i do zumba on youtube..ive lost 17 pounds so far..so i would say that yeah it works..and im sure zumba on the wii does work..its zumba!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba while pregnant, right up until two weeks before I gave birth. It didn't help me lose weight. I ate too much for that but from what I can tell, I had one of the easiest births of anyone I know and I credit a lot of that to exercising and stretching throughout the pregnancy.
  • Manna1988
    Options
    I LOVE zumba wii. It was awesome. I used to do the classes at the gym but being an army wife and working and all i don't have the time to make it to the classes so i have the zumba for the wii. I'm sweating bullets within the first 10 minutes. It burns so many calories and it really gives you a great workout. You really do see results. But like people are saying you get what you put in. My advice is try it out, start out by learning the steps and start with low intensity. As you get better move up. Don't give up when your tired you gotta really push yourself. If your devoted enough you will have a great time. I do it twice a day about 60 mins each and it just gives me so much energy. I've been using it for a week now and i've lost 2 lbs. Zumba wii is AMAZING!!!!
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I always did dancing games on the wii before I got pregnant. And i asked if Zumba was ok, and she said of course.
    But, if walking is best. Then ill do it :P
    I just want a healthy normal pregnancy.

Hi!! I'm 17 weeks pregnant.. you know you can also use youtube and look up prenatal belly dance lessons or tutorials. Completely free and the moves are easy cause they're slow but they help in weight loss and help prepare the body for labor. :)

Also I've lost 25 pounds and havent gained anything.. I eat.. haven't been trying to lose weight and I haven't been sick.. it's just been falling off.. I guess due to eating healthier in general. :) I talked to my doc about it and she said baby is doing fine so she's not worried.. and she wants me to maintain between weeks 20 and 30 and only gain a small amount between 30 and 40. So I only have 3 weeks where I can lose. :/ But I was 215lbs when I started pregnancy.. and am now around 190. But the main thing she emphasized is to listen to my body.. eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not hungry. :)