Vitamin help.

Options
I recently bought some one a day metabolism vitamins because I figured I could use some help with boosting my metabolism since im just starting to work out and eat better again. They say to take with food so yesterday I took them after breakfast and they made me sick, not just nauseous and crummy all day. So today I took them before breakfast and today the same thing happened. So I guess what I'm getting at is should I continue to take them to see if it gets better once I get used to them or should i just toss them?

Replies

• garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would definitely stop taking them. The store you purchased them at may have a return policy.
  • vmassey88
    Options
    you should just suck it up and choke it down....
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got them from a grocery store. I gave them to a friend because she doesn't have the same problem.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    vitamins that boost metabolism are a myth if you want a vitamin and have a sensitve stomach you can alway try chewables but also take them with food.
  • awidener86
    Options
    I've taken a multi-vitamin before with no problem just thought I'd give them a try
  • jeaninemckinney
    jeaninemckinney Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have to take mine with food if not then it makes me feel horrible! But once i eat a little something im all good! Everyones different! I figure vitamins cant hurt so im trying to take a little something everyday as with my healthy eating routine! Cant hurt! :wink:
  • awidener86
    Options
    I have to take mine with food if not then it makes me feel horrible! But once i eat a little something im all good! Everyones different! I figure vitamins cant hurt so im trying to take a little something everyday as with my healthy eating routine! Cant hurt! :wink:

I tried taking those with food and without. Its a lose lose with those.
  • lmcenin
    Options
    Don't worry about vitamins. I've had this discussion with a number of nutritionists and my preventative doctor, and you just don't need anything more than what you eat. Calcium and Vit. D are the exception unless your doctor has identified other issues. One thing you might want to try are Digestive Enzymes. You take them after you and help to break down food more quickly. I've used them on and off, and certainly notice a difference.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. I think it was One -a-day for women. I took them with food, and they make me sick. I tried two days and then threw them away. I like the chewables one. They are like candy.
  • LadyFluff
    Options
    I recently bought some one a day metabolism vitamins because I figured I could use some help with boosting my metabolism since im just starting to work out and eat better again. They say to take with food so yesterday I took them after breakfast and they made me sick, not just nauseous and crummy all day. So today I took them before breakfast and today the same thing happened. So I guess what I'm getting at is should I continue to take them to see if it gets better once I get used to them or should i just toss them?

I had the same problem I was taking the same kind you are taking from one a day, I asked my doctor about it and he told me to switch to a Vitamin that does not have Iron in it. If your body has enough Iron it will reject the Vitamin you just took. I would reccomend switching Vitamins GNC has a really good one for like $15 for 2 or 3 months I believe.. I've also heard taking your vitamins before bed is better because your body loses so much when you sleep. I hope this helps maybe you should get your levels tested to see where you are at??

Daily I take:

calcium pyruvate
    b12 & b6
    Biotin
    and a multivitamin

I get all from GNC and all help with your appetite and metabolism..
  • awidener86
    Options

I had the same problem I was taking the same kind you are taking from one a day, I asked my doctor about it and he told me to switch to a Vitamin that does not have Iron in it. If your body has enough Iron it will reject the Vitamin you just took. I would reccomend switching Vitamins GNC has a really good one for like $15 for 2 or 3 months I believe.. I've also heard taking your vitamins before bed is better because your body loses so much when you sleep. I hope this helps maybe you should get your levels tested to see where you are at??

Daily I take:

calcium pyruvate
    b12 & b6
    Biotin
    and a multivitamin

The multi vitamin you take is the one for $15 at Gnc?
  • jewels7683
    jewels7683 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started taking my multi before bed because they were making me sick. I haven't had a problem since :)
  • LadyFluff
    Options

Daily I take:

calcium pyruvate
    b12 & b6
    Biotin
    and a multivitamin

yes they have one with iron and without iron
  • awidener86
    Options

Daily I take:

calcium pyruvate
    b12 & b6
    Biotin
    and a multivitamin

yes they have one with iron and without iron

I think i might have to try them out
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I started taking my multi before bed because they were making me sick. I haven't had a problem since :)

Same here!