Hi

Options
Hello,

So I too have decided that I have been fat for way too long. I know that I have a lot of weight to lose; but I keep telling myself that I didn't get this way overnight so it will take time to change.

I am 43 years old, single with no human children, but a two-year Dalmatian child. I seem to always get into the cycle of being depressed over being fat, so I eat junk food and then get even more fat so I get more depressed, etc. etc. etc. This is going to be one of my major obstacles on this weight loss journey. I am very much an emotional eater...I eat when I am happy, angry, sad, bored whatever reason I can come up with.

I know that this has to be it for me. I feel and look awful and do realize that it is my own fault because I let myself get to this point. I also recognize that I have "safety blanket" issues where my weight is my tool to keep people from getting close to me emotionally, especially men.

Well I am sure that is more than you wanted to know about me, but I am very excited about starting this journey and from the lurking that I have done on this website there is plenty of support here which is what I will need.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• stefbrowne07
    stefbrowne07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. I am the same way when it comes to eating, especially when I am bored or stressed out. I am just starting my journey to get back to a healthier me. Wish me luck. Good luck on your journey! :)