I Am a Mom

Options
HI there fellow fitnesspal members!
I am trying to lose this baby weight but it seems impossible so I am looking for some support. I consider myself to be pretty healthy and motivated but for some reason I am having a hard time losing weight. I have three boys, my oldest is 2 and the twins are 1 so needless to say I am very busy. The factor that is missing the most is of course exercise because it's so hard to find the time. So if there is anyone else out there in a similar situation please get back to me and share your tips with me..

Replies

• Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just joined this morning! I have two boys, 6 and 3, and I have been doing home daycare since my oldest was 10 months. I joined the gym about 2 months ago but find it slightly difficult to get there....home all day with kids, then I have to feed my family dinner when the daycare kids leave, by the time dinner is done, it's 6:30-7pm, I'm tired, want to just chill but try to force myself to get out to the gym.
    Looking for lots of motivation on here too! Glad you joined!
    You can add me as a friend If you would like!
  • miasofiamann
    Options
    Thank you!
    I know how u feel. it's great that you force yourself to the gym. I used to get up at 5.30 am and go for a 45 min walk but it gets to be very hard since I need sleep too :)
    But I am determined to lose this weight. I weigh about 156 lbs right now and my goal is 140-145 (sz 6). My life is even more stressfull right now since we are moving long distence in just short of 3 weeks.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    mine are 10 months and 2.5. I stay home and my husband works long hours. We bought a nordictrack "audio strider 990 pro (new for 2012)" yes, that's the whole crazy name (http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_10301_12401_19053_181319). It's about $1000, but it works like the nice precors at the gym.

I work out after i put my girls to bed. And I MFP on my android phone for all the food i eat. I already had a Wii and Wii Fit Plus, which I mostly just use now for weighing-in. we spent $8/month on a Netflix streaming account, that you can use on your Wii, so I can work out and just zone out watching TV. I really dislike working out. I find it ridiculously boring, even when I used to do it at the gym with my hubby when we were dating. I'm guessing I'd be doing much worse if I didn't have my little trifecta: At home cardio machine, Netflix for entertainment, MFP/android for constant tracking.

My big motivation is being healthy for my girls, and a good role model on being healthy, though not overly concerned with "skinny". My selfish motivation is feeling sexy again in the large quantity of size medium Victoria's Secret Lingerie that I own.
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 mo old son, and I'm going through a divorce. Talk about stress and such! I gained a lot during my pregnancy because I got gestational diabeties, and had a very hard time controlling my sugars.

When Lucas goes to bed I try to work out while watching tv. I'll either walk or do circuit training with a 1 minute timer and some workouts I find online.
  • th04
    th04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old boy, and despite losing pretty much all my baby weight after giving birth and some breast feeding I managed to pile it on soon after for some reason or other!! I struggle for time too! I was trying to get a couple of DVDs in every other day but I have just ordered the 30 day shred because it's only 20 minutes... Hopefully can stretch to that haha!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I have 2.5 year old twins, and I struggle with the same things. Mostly time. The only time I can work out (unless I want to stop sleeping, that is) is after my kids are in bed for the night.

We are fortunate enough to have a treadmill, so I use it for cardio. I have an awesome app for my iPhone called BeatBurn, which not only sets out progressively more challenging interval routines for you, but also uses your own music to keep you going. It chooses the songs that are the right tempo for the speed you're walking and plays those. I LOVE this app, and it's pretty much changed how I feel about the treadmill.

We also were able to buy ourselves a Kinect for our XBox 360 this Christmas, and I have the Biggest Loser workout and a few other less serious games that are fun to play with my hubby.

I am in no way an expert, and I still have a long way to go, but hopefully those ideas will be helpful to someone here. I'll be following this thread to hear what tips other have too. Feel free to friend me if you like!