5-Day Fast & Cleanse

Options
Has anyone tried this or know someone who has? I am thinking about doing it to further cleanse my body and get rid of the toxins I can't by just dieting and exercising. I am not doing it to lose weight...I am doing that on my own, it would mainly be for the cleansing effect. Thoughts???

http://naturessecret.com/products/5-day-fast-and-cleanse/

Replies

• juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Queencrow
    Options
    I'm detoxing now. I started about a month and a half ago and do I feel good. Not only that, I'm regular now whereas before I wasn't.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Your body is built to naturally cleanse and detox itself. You don't need to purchase these products.

If you eat healthy, clean foods you are doing your body a lot more good than anything like what you posted can do.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Its a gimmick.

Your body naturally cleanses itself - you don't need to get sucked into these stupid gimmicks in order to do so
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You need to be very careful with cleansing. You should probably talk to your dr. before undertaking it. I have a friend who would do 3 to 5 days cleanses a couple times a year. The last time she did one she almost died and ended up in the hospital for a few days. She became seriously potassium imbalanced which caused her heart to beat irregularly. The dr. said if she hadn't gone to the hospital when she did she would have died in a few more hours.

Most people need to drink plenty of water, cut out chemicals like food dyes, eat lots of whole grain and roughage and cut back on junk foods and processed foods. I don't know of anyone who has ever gotten sick from cutting out dyes, preservatives and refined foods.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'm mainly trying to target those days that I just feel BLAH and bloated! I know some can be attributed to "female problems", but there are some days where I just feel yuck and I have been doing really well for nearly eight weeks now. I'm not 'regular' either. I'll go a few days without 'putting out any waste'...sorry TMI!

Is there a vitamin supplement that anyone would suggest for this? I do eat a good bit of salads, not a WHOLE lot of fruit, but I am getting better. Definitely MILES from where I used to be in regard to natural; fruits and veggies. I know my weight is partly to blame for these days too (I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 222.2), I just imagined after almost eight weeks I would start to feel 'top notch' more often.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium, drink enough water, eat non processed and you should begin to feel better. Limit alcohol and up your fibre if you're having issues.

Increase water with increased fibre though! Take a fibre suppliment if needed.
  • dma1988
    dma1988 Posts: 7
    Options
    Not sure if you'll see this response so late...I was searching through some old posts for another topic and stumbled on this string.

My daughter has similar issues so I do lots of research and reading. She now uses a product I read about in Kimberly Snyder's book. It's called Mag O7 and I found it at my local vitamin/health food store. From her website..."Taking magnesium oxide supplements also promotes cleansing. Magnesium has a natural laxative effect on the body. It also breaks down old sludge and toxic waste, allowing you to safely eliminate it. At the same time, the oxygen in the magnesium oxide oxygenates and energizes the body."

It's supposed to be safe enough to use regularly without your body getting addicted, like with a laxative. I personally used it--I don't usually give something to my daughter until I try it first. It just helped soften everything up a little to get it all moving. My son even used it this week. He had surgery, then pain meds, which apparently lock everything up. He took it before bed for 2 nights, then finally was able to go.

Good luck finding a solution.