It's been a long, hard road and I could use some support

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Laura and I am a 5'2", 160lbs, 24 year old woman who is looking to lose about 30lbs. I'll give you a bit of an idea where I'm coming from. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was 14. From that point onward I have been on a variety of medications and put into a variety of situations that made it difficult to keep my weight down, and it certainly wasn't the most important thing on my mind. In high school I was an unhealthy and underweight 110lbs max., and about 5 years ago I put on almost 90lbs. Up until 1.5 years ago I was almost 200lbs and I was not healthy at all. Over the last while I've really pushed myself to portion my food more carefully, eat a wider variety of foods to get away from junk food, I've stopped drinking pop unless it's a special occasion and I don't drink alcohol more than a drink once or twice a month. With all of this effort, I've already lost between 30 and 40lbs, so I'm halfway to my goal weight of 130lbs. I happened upon the myfitnesspal app in the android market and thought that I would give it a look and so far I like what I see. I'm hoping to maybe get some diet and exercise buddies, and maybe just some friends too.

Now for the rest of me. I live in London, Ontario with my boyfriend of 2 years (we've been best friends for 10). We have a beautiful cat named Bella, we adopted her a couple of weeks ago. I love playing video games and listening to records for hours on end. I love to cook (which has helped me to kick most of my fast food habits) and I love a good cup of tea or coffee on a cold day. I like to take walks when the weather is nice, and I'd like to say that I go to the gym a few times a week, but I'd be lying. I have a membership, I just lack motivation. I guess if you want to know more about me, feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking!

Replies

• stefbrowne07
    stefbrowne07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    I'm also looking for some diet/exercise buddies to help keep me motivated. I am new to this site (just joined today) and hoping that tracking my food and exercise on here will help me stay accountable for losing 35lbs. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement. Good Luck! You can do it!
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:

I am having a restart today, and need all the help I can get, lol.

I intend to start exercising again soon, but I am in for an operation on my wrist in the next two weeks which may slow me down

Jan xx
  • Phat2Thin
    Options
    Hello there!, I was born and grew up in Windsor Ontario, but live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida now. I am 55 years old and started my journey with MFP about 2 mo ago. So far have lost 8 lbs. since joining, but like you I had lost about 30 lbs. before joining and needed some more motivation. I seem to get it here and in fact started going to the gym regularly (3 to 4 days a week). That has helped me with my weight loss and staying on track and motivated. There is a lot of good help and tips on this website to keep you going if you let it happen. Wishing you well with your endeavor. Friend me if you wish. Also, there is a thread just for Canadians. Check it out!