any Moms who are struggling?

Options
Hi I am SAHM of 6 kids and I have about 100 lbs to lose. i need all the help and motivation I can get. The days when the kids are the most difficult are the days when I just want to eat tons of junk food. Anyone else feel like this? Friend me!

Replies

• slimshady64628
    Options
    I feel like that all the time. I sent you a friend request,
  • ashleyb0811
    ashleyb0811 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right there with you... I have 3 kids. Mostly stay at home, but I go to school full time as well. I am trying to get myself to the gym at least 5 times a week, but with all the running around and homework, I can't ever find the time. Not to mention all the yummy goodies mom's tend to have in the house for the kids. We've resorted to only keeping healthy snacks for the boys, which helps!
  • TiffanyaeBrown
    Options
    I can understand! I have girls who tend to be on the underweight side (They didn't get those genes from me!!) So their doctor has actually said for me to keep a few junk food items around the house and use them to reward the kids for eating all their food at meals, quick on-the-go snacks, etc. So the rice crispy treats are CONSTANTLY calling my name! I'm a sugar nut. Love sugar. It's why I have a spare tire around my belly. So we have junk and I can't have it. On stressful days with the ladies my answer to that is 'Watch me'. :( It's sad, but it's very true. I need to learn to manage my stress better, maybe then I'd want the junk less.
  • ednabnana
    Options
    I'm here to get motivation & help motivate. Add me :)
  • trlrnrgrl
    Options
    Oh yeah, I can DEFINITELY relate! The stress eating is the absolute hardest for me. I only have 1 kid, and I'm always fighting stress eating, so I can't imagine how difficult raising 6 would be. And, yes, when he's difficult and tantrumy (or getting sick or teething), those are the hardest days for me. I just sent you a friend request.

What sources of support do you have around you (friends, partner, exercise plans, whatever....)?
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    The question should be- any mom who are not struggling?

I'm a SAHM of 3 and I struggle everyday! It's tough..but like they say, if losing weight was easy- we'd all be skinny. Keep at it and you'll get there!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I struggle every day....but I will tell you, it does get easier. I've only got 3 kids and I work part-time. But I make sure I log in every day everything I eat. When you stress turn your attention elsewhere, exercise, pick up a book, a magazine...anything other than running to the kitchen. Take this one day at a time, but I assure you, if you want this badly enough you can and will do it!!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi I am SAHM of 6 kids and I have about 100 lbs to lose. i need all the help and motivation I can get. The days when the kids are the most difficult are the days when I just want to eat tons of junk food. Anyone else feel like this? Friend me!

I find the days where I'm really snacky I find it helps to get outside with him. Park, walk, etc.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM as well, some days are tougher then others...I'll send you a request.
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, who homeschools. The stress and emotional eating, I can totally relate to. I am eating primal/paleo and all the protein and fat has really helped keep my mood level and I don't want the sugary treats as much. I am a huge advocate for this way of eating...especially for stressed out moms!
  • liquidlove
    liquidlove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too.Its hard because the kids eat stuff that you really shouldn't. I stopped buying all junk food. Now if they want ice cream we actually go out for ice cream together. They have to use their allowance to purchase junk food if they want it...and usually they decide its not worth it. THe hardest part for me was cooking a full dinner for my husband and kids. Every member of the family has different caloric needs and its hard to balance..and sometimes willpower is just depleted. YOu have to take it a day at a time ..own it and get back up again the day. YOu can do it!
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll add ya. :) I got 3 girls and live in Alaska. Congrats for making healthy choices for you and your family!
  • diana6628
    diana6628 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have 4 kids. I stay home with them and going to the gym is my break for the day :) I have restricted my calories attempt to go the gym 5 times a week and only take sundays off from the dieting. Like have a muffin or something and I am still not losing much fun :( Would love some new friends with tips or anything if anyone wants to add me
  • lhoerres
    Options
    I've got 4 kids too...I lose weight VERY slowly...sometimes only 1/4 lb. a week! It's soooo frustrating! Some friends of mine say it's because I don't eat enough...others say I need to up my cardio...I'm trying to do both...but it feels weird to eat MORE when I'm trying to lose weight. Oh yeah...then there are the ones who say to weight train!! I'm not ready to do that yet...I'm just jog/walking for exercise at the moment...